Technical Engineering Manager
DSI Underground Canada Ltd. (DSI), a Sandvik Company, is currently recruiting for a Technical Engineering Manager in Sudbury, Ontario.
DSI Underground Canada Ltd. (DSI’s) scope of business includes the manufacturing and supply of ground support equipment for the mining industries. Its systems are known worldwide for innovation, quality, and reliability.
DSI is seeking an enthusiastic and devoted individual to join the Sales Team. The candidate’s primary function of the role will be to provide strong and effective technical support to our customers and our internal people relative to product and application engineering. This role’s function is to support the Technical Sales force to position DSI such that it achieves its core objectives and positioning DSI as the “go to” place for technical questions and support. This role will also encompass support in the Global Technical team on the focus of new product development.
Reports to: Director of Sales & Business Development - East
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes regular reporting of the results to Director, Sales & Business Development
- Participates in product shows and demos such as the CIM and as requested
- Provides input to the Quality Coordinator, to ensure that customer concerns and complaints are effectively looked after in a timely manner. Maintains an active role in conflict resolution
- Ensures that training programs are in place to enhance end users skills to enable the company to consistenty produce quality products with services that meet or exceed requirements
Communicates with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Ensures regular visits to mine sites to meet with end users, mine engineering to ensure DSI is meeting the customer needs and gather future information for innovative solutions.
- Evaluates product and service marketability in terms of customers’ technical and manufacturing needs
- Directs engineering program to align with customer support and product development
- Consults with management and decides on the product development priorities
- Designs parameters of the required product (required by the market place or initiated internally)
- Participates on Global Technical Committee to work on the focus of new product development
- Be involved in the modification and improvements of existing product
- Reports to the Director of Sales and advises the relevant departments on the outcome of the project.
- Liaises regularly with the service engineers regarding field performance of ours and competitor’s products as well as technical problems encountered in the field.
- Liaises regularly with mining consultants in order to better understand rock reinforcement mechanics including seismic challenges and requirements.
- Participates in the setting of business plan objectives and benchmarks with regard to marketing and sales.
- Supports the technical sales team in implementing and executing Technical Sales program
- Recognizes and pursues marketing opportunities for the company’s existing products
- Assists in analyzing competing companies and products to determine their strengths, weaknesses and how our company should position itself to counter or take advantage of these factors
Qualification and Requirement
- Engineering Degree
- 5-10 Years of field sales experience
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing practices
- Mining Engineering-(Geotechnical)-Mining Operations experience
- Familiarity with Territory
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- In-depth knowledge of target market industries
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and adaptable to various software programs.
- Able to train end users on installation methods of all DSI ground support products
Bilingual in both French and English would be considered an asset
- Extended Health Care & Dental Benefits, Life, AD&D & Travel Insurance after 30 days
- Employer Contribution Pension Plan after 1 year
- Work Boot and Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance after 6 months
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in a separate covering letter how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the qualifications listed above.
DSI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you to all who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Not set