Automine Test Engineer
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for
Automine Test Engineer
We are looking for a Automine Test Engineer to focus on the testing and support of AutoMine® solutions for Sandvik’s iSeries Rotary Drilling solutions operating in open pit surface operations.
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customer productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety, and reliability. We don’t just supply the technology that creates the most durable equipment on the market. We provide peace of mind.
Key performance areas:
The Automine Test Engineer is responsible for the design tasks and technical solutions performed in the responsibility area based on the priorities set by his/her immediate supervisor.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work part of the high professional team developing autonomous features for the Surface Automine® applications.
- Automine® integration and machine testing for iSeries drilling rigs built in Alachua.
- Give technical support for sales and customer projects and provide classroom and hands-on trainings.
- Maintain ownership of test simulator in terms of
- Keep simulator updated with latest simulator software
- Keep electrical system of simulator updated
- Make sure I/O cards are available on standby in case if needed urgently
- Conduct timely correspondence with simulator manufacturer to get above work done in timely fashion
- Work with Product Owner to complete sprint content for assigned automation modules.
- Participate in code reviews with senior engineers and Product Owners as deemed necessary.
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve testing procedures.
- Self-starter capable of working independently and on teams to get scheduled tasks completed on-time and within budget.
- Knowledge of Python scripting to support test case automation.
- Familiarity with PLC programming languages CODeSys IEC 61131-3 preferred.
- Experience with C/C++ and scripting languages.
- Experience with application lifecycle management tools (Polarion), version control systems (SVN) and build systems (Jenkins).
- Understand basic networking architectures such as TCP/IP, ethernet, mesh, peer to peer, etc.
- Understanding of basic electrical and hydraulic drawings for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in RestAPI and UDP development for data transfer between mobile machinery and office systems.
- Proven knowledge of working with PLC’s (EPEC or IFM preferred) and integration of position sensors, sensors for motion control, safety technology, process sensors, IO-links, identification systems, machine health monitoring, systems for mobile machine, communication technologies, power supplies, and linked accessories.
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, software or related field.
- You have 3-5 years of writing test cases for Mobile Machinery systems and be able to decipher functional specifications to develop test cases.
- Previous experience from autonomous equipment’s or mining preferred, but not required.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a performance bonus plan, competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Automine Test Engineer position, Job Req. ID # R0035054.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set