Sandvik Coromant – Dura Mill is looking for a
Location: Ballston Spa, NY
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have over 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
We are looking for a dynamic and results-orientated Facility Engineer to join our team!
Key performance areas
Responsible for recommending, planning, and executing site space-plan changes. Oversees and plans annual facility spending for office services, building and grounds maintenance, and facility expansion or improvement projects.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
In this role you work closely with the Production Unit Manager, CNC operators, Planning Team, Quality Control and Finance. The Facility Engineer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for maintenance, repair and installation of all plant equipment and support systems.
- Provides oversight and supervision to maintenance.
- Assists management with setting priorities.
- Provides hands-on assistance to maintenance with advanced troubleshooting and repairs as required.
- Schedules major repairs and improvements to minimize downtime.
- Develops and implements systems efficiency and cost saving projects.
- Works with equipment vendors, service vendors and suppliers.
- Provides recommendations concerning equipment to management.
- Maintains spare part inventory.
- Operates within assigned budget parameters.
- Strong Mechanical & Electronic skill set.
- Ability to disassemble and repair complex mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to utilize micrometer, calipers, and indicators to determine operational state of machine.
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic equipment with multimeter, amp probe and other specialized test tools.
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC systems and to understand ladder logic.
- Ability to operate safely around 480-volt three phase equipment, moving machinery, ladders and man lifts.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders.
- Must possess good visual acuity.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong project planning skills.
Possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from technical college or equivalent experience required. A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in the metal cutting industry Highly organized, have a keen attention to detail and the ability to question the facts. Working with continuous improvements and comfortable searching for information, identifying small and large solutions, and challenging the norm.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental, vison and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply to the Facility Engineer position, Job ID: R0034775.
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set