Mechanical Engineer Co-op
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Mechanical Engineer Co-op
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety, and reliability. We don’t just supply the technology that creates the most durable equipment on the market. We provide peace of mind.
The Mechanical Engineer Co-op is responsible for assigned R&D and Engineering tasks from the product engineering team within the Surface Mining Customer Segment at our Alachua facility. The Mechanical Engineer Intern is responsible for design tasks and technical solutions under the direction and supervision of an immediate supervisor. Sandvik mining provides a unique and fulfilling opportunity, while developing your skills and career. This will be a semester long co-op opportunity for Spring 2022.
- Create detail part and assembly drawings showing necessary design details of welding instructions, dimensions, and tolerances.
- Perform a variety of calculations to substantiate design using a working knowledge of design of mechanics of materials and design/application of machine elements.
- Ensure BOM accuracy in PLM (Teamcenter) during Engineering releases.
- Write engineering Change Notice (ECN) to properly convey the engineering changes resulting from new designs or revisions.
- Ensure all designs are fully documented in models, drawings, and Bill of Materials.
Education: Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Mechanical engineering or related field. Must be able to legally work in the USA.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Understanding of mechanics of materials and design/application of machine elements.
- Understanding of machine steel fabrications, manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Good understanding of common engineering standards.
- CAD package Proficiency (UG/NX).
- MS Productivity suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Teamwork and clear communication skills.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at sandvik.com/en/careers to the Mechanical Engineer Engineer Co-op position, Job Req. ID # R0034698.
Sandvik is an equal 0pportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. We are a military friendly employer.
Deadline: Not set