INTO PROFIT & INNOVATION?
WE VALUE THAT IN YOU
Job Title: Design Engineer
At Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology India Pvt. Ltd. (Part of Sandvik Group), we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
As a Design Engineer you are responsible for Design or modify mechanical engineering assemblies, layouts and/or detailed drawings/specifications, BOM for mechanical sub systems used in Underground mining equipment’s. The job is about providing mechanical engineering support mainly to Load and Haul Division or to various divisions within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Current Product Engineering, New product Development and Order based Engineering projects/tasks.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Collaborate with R&D departments to understand their needs and provide possible solutions.
- Selecting appropriate materials for the steel parts
- Designing structural parts including weldments, machining, and linkage assemblies.
- Exposure to design standards and safety standards.
- Design to be simple, engineered to reduce cost and add more values to design.
- Creation of manufacturing drawings with proper weld size and machining requirements
- Use appropriate Fits & Tolerances and GD&T symbols as needed to the design and drawings.
- Creation of BOM / ECN for release of drawings for production
- Perform design calculations for design verification.
- Provide engineering support to current products team
You have a university degree in Mechanical engineering or another relevant field (or equivalent) and between 4-6 years of experience into Design and Development of heavy machineries preferably Mining equipment’s. You have a solid track record of designing, developing mechanical engineering solutions. You have the needed experience with relevant we see are some of the following:
- Design or modify Structural assemblies, layouts and/or detailed drawings/specifications
- Structural parts design involving plate sizing and weld sizing.
- Exposure to manufacturing and assembly processes
- Good understanding on Fits and Tolerances and GD&T.
- Basic understanding on Hydraulics and its sub-systems
- Basic understanding on Engine assembly and its accessories.
- Knowledge of International design Standards
- Communicate well with customers, team members, and other business units
- Able to describes basic machine mechanisms and their applications.
- Hands-on experience in Unigraphics NX / Teamcenter
- Basic knowledge in Solidworks
You fit into a dynamic and fast-moving team within a business which has been around. You value the opportunity to work with both in-house R&D as well as with customers all around the world. You possess the ability to comprehend complex technical concepts quickly and focus on priorities. Experience in Battery Hybrid Electrical Vehicles (BHEV) products space with exposure towards mining/construction or heavy machinery industry data is regarded as a merit. The ability to speak and write in English, as well as the willingness to travel, are prerequisites in this job.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion. We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development.
Deadline: Oct 21