Senior Embedded Software Engineer Lead
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Senior Embedded Software Engineer Lead
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety, and reliability. We don’t just supply the technology that creates the most durable equipment on the market. We provide peace of mind.
We are now searching a Senior Embedded Software Engineer. If you have a strong analytical mindset, you are passionate about both hardware and software, and would like to work in a creative and diverse environment, then please keep reading…
Your Key Performance Areas
In this role, the Senior Embedded Software Engineer Lead is responsible for assigned R&D&Engineering tasks within the Rotary Drilling Division at our Alachua, Florida facility. The Embedded Software Engineer Lead is responsible for the design tasks and technical solutions performed in the responsibility area based on the priorities set by immediate supervisor.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- 7+ years of C++ experience.
- 7+ years of embedded programming experience
- Ensuring that software is designed as libraries to promote reusability
- Demonstrate ability to write robust and maintainable code using modern C++
- Have strong knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Familiar with full software lifecycle: specification to maintenance
- Experience in designing software modules and software architecture
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems independently and guide junior developers
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Linux and some understanding of Windows environments
- Working knowledge of version control systems (SVN and GIT)
- have hands-on experience with build systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead small development teams
- Knowledgeable with agile methodologies (Scrum and Sprints)
- Good understanding of common software engineering standards for mobile equipment product development and ISO standards.
- Team working and clear communication skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently or on teams to get the work product completed on-time and on-budget
- Maintains awareness of current state-of-the-art technologies and trends in automation and suggests product improvement ideas
The right candidate will have minimum 7+ years of practical experience in Mobile Machinery Software Development. Will possess a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Computer Science or related engineering field. MS in Computer Science or related Engineering field is preferred. Minimum 7+ years of practical experience in Mobile Machinery Software Development.
Nice to Have Skills / Competencies
- Programming experience with Qt, QML, Python, C, IEC 61131-3 (CodeSys), Matlab (Simulink)
- Build system experience (CMake)
- Experience with using Jenkins and/or Pulse
- Worked with CAN (CANopen and J1939) and Ethernet (REST and UDP) networks
- Application lifecycle management experience (Polarion)
- Experience with Yocto
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with data analytics
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Able to plan and manage numerous processes, people, and projects simultaneously
- You are collaborative in nature and able to delegate, you build trust easily
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at sandvik.com/en/careers to the Senior Embedded Software Engineer Lead position, Job Req. ID # R0032397.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set