INROCK is looking for a
INROCK, part of Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT), is a leader in supplying pilot hole bits, reamers, guidance systems, accessories, and service for the premium maxi rig sector of horizontal directional drilling (HHD) operations in North America. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
We are one of the largest HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling) tooling providers in the world headquartered in Houston, TX. We are now looking for a Guidance Engineer to join our Operations based out of Houston, TX.
Flexible – Anywhere in US
As a Guidance Engineer at Inrock you will be joining a growing team to provide customers with exceptional service at locations throughout North America, and occasionally the world. Training will be provided for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing a land survey and creating a bore plan
- Responsible for providing sound advice and direction to clients directly at their job sites to guide them safely past any obstacles and within specified tolerances
- Advanced understanding of coil lay out for bores that are not straight
- Ability to plan and design more complex bores using hand calculations
- Familiarity with mud motor operations and drilling techniques
- Ability to create more advanced bore plans and profile designs
- Comfort with advanced survey calculations and projections
- Ability to perform safe radii and bend calculations
- Advanced knowledge of drilling tool terminology and application
- Ability to execute horizontal curve and offset coil applications
- Proficiency with BTS (Beacon Tracking System) use and applications
- Proficiency with Pressure tool use
- Proficiency completing bores using dead reckoning
- Timely completion of daily reports, end of job file and other required reports
Required Qualifications and profile
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Any relevant experience is preferred, but not a must.
- Training will be provided for this role.
- Problem solving ability
- Creative & able to perform under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Exhibits “can do, can go” attitude
- Must be willing to travel anywhere, occasionally for long periods of time on often short notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily during a 90-day probationary period. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
At INROCK, we believe diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business, and our customers, and we are looking forward to meeting you!
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Guidance Engineer position, Job Req. ID# R0030024.
INROCK is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. INROCK also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set