System Engineering Lead
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for
System Engineering Lead
Are you a System Engineering Lead who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have System Engineering experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas:
The System Engineering Lead position is responsible for assigned R&D and Engineering tasks within the Surface Mining Customer Segment at Alachua facility. The System Engineering Lead is responsible for the design tasks and technical solutions performed in the responsibility area based on priorities set by immediate supervisor.
Additionally, the System Engineering Lead will be responsible for:
- Will work in compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
- Maintain technical coordination and support the Automation team and other departments, including, but not limited to, Production, Purchasing, Sales and customer Service.
- Conduct sprint planning and lead scrum meetings with developers both locally and overseas.
- Act as Product Owner and plan development schedule/content for assigned automation modules.
- Work with other Product Owners to get alignment of software resources for work availability.
- Publish software release together with detailed release notes and provide overview/training to relevant department.
- Ability to mentor and lead junior developers by stepping into code as deemed necessary.
- Project level work and be able to create work breakdown structure (WBS) in MS Project or similar software.
- Contribute in maintaining a team-working environment according to Sandvik Core Values.
- Follow the R&D and Engineering strategic plan as prioritized by Engineering Manager and as communicated in performance evaluations.
- Provide support and work closely with other function in the organization as needed and prioritized by Engineering Manager.
- Fulfil any additional duties assigned by Engineering Manager.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
The System Engineering Lead should have a minimum 10 years of practical experience in Mobile Machinery System Software Development. In addition, Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related engineering field. MS in Computer Science or related Engineering field is preferred.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the System Engineering Lead position, Job Req. ID # R0030503.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set