Product Specialist - Automation
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Automation Product Specialist will be responsible for providing quality technical support in Asia Pacific sales region both on mine sites and remotely. You will also participate in the commissioning of automation projects. The product master will be required to follow defined commissioning timelines for projects and provide effective solutions to technical problems based on systemic failure analysis. This will involve capturing information from automation products and services, along with reporting and feedback to customers of the findings and recommendations to repair. This role is based at Canning Vale, WA, but will require travel up to 60% of the time, domestically, and in the APAC region.
Key performance areas
- All employees and workers are required to conduct themselves in accordance with our EHS Vision to achieve Zero Harm to; our people, the environment we work in, our customers and our suppliers.
- Commissioning of Automine® and OptiMine® product offerings at customer sites
- Engage with customers and other key internal stakeholders to deliver and support the Automation product
- Provide technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues
- Resolve and report any technical problems associated with product area offerings at the customer level
- Provide technical and service support on all deliveries including retrofit kits of product area offerings.
- Assist factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation
- Provide on-site commissioning of Product Area offerings in the sales area and technical assistance to resolve issues
- Assist customers with parts interpretations and recommended stock holdings
You should possess a relevant Degree or Trade qualification in either electrical or mechanical disciplines. Along with 5 years of Technical experience and training in key aspects of technical trades
Proven understanding and experience with machine CAN bus systems is required. You also possess proven understanding and experience with IT systems and terminology, MS Project, MS Visio, and MS Access, in addition to system support and remote support experience.
Additionally, it is preferred that candidates possess:
- Experience working with TCP/IP networks including Wi-Fi
- An understanding of communication protocols (e.g. CANBus)
- Strong investigative and diagnostic skills
- Experience with underground mining remote control system
- Knowledge of customer’s industry
- Systemic failure analysis
- Experience in on site commissioning
- Ability to work underground as needed
*You must be comfortable to work underground when required
**You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
How to apply
Apply via our website www.sandvik.com/career or contact Caitlin Farley for more information on 07 3621 1823
Applications close: 5 August 2021
Deadline: Aug 21