Automation And Controls Engineer
Sandvik Palm Coast in, Palm Coast, FL is looking for a
AUTOMATION AND CONTROLS ENGINEER
Sandvik Palm Coast is a leading manufacturer of medical fine wire and components to the medical device industry. As part of the Sandvik Materials Technology organization, we offer a world of opportunities within our diverse businesses and cross-border networks to enable you to explore your potential and thrive in our company.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability, and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
Key Performance Areas
- Implement and maintain machine control systems and support design and manufacture of semi and fully automated processes based on business needs.
- Resolve control related operational issues to maintain uptime on production equipment.
- Support process and product development teams in building control and automation systems for prototype and full production manufacturing equipment.
- Daily work as assigned in a production environment to keep machinery running safely and efficiently to assist in delivering quality product on time.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, order parts and repair production and ancillary equipment in to minimize production downtime.
- Design and build controller systems for new process equipment.
- Retrofit and/or redesign control systems for machines that have outdated or obsolete components.
- Participate as a member of the BU Medical engineering team with input to support of BU Medical’s values, strategy and long-term objectives.
- Analytical and mathematical skills with the ability to evaluate and solve various complex electrical control system problems.
- Organizational competency and project management skills to keep projects and processes on track.
- Be able to troubleshoot machinery with no schematics.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Siemens, and other common PLC’s.
- Understanding and familiarity with troubleshooting and fixing board level electronics
- Familiarity with repairing and/or replacing Motor Controllers and drives
- Knowledge of incorporating/repairing Safety Systems (e-stop, etc) on production equipment
- Ability to work on Legacy Machinery
- Ability to design and building of electrical boards.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Ideally – ability to create electrical schematics and other documentation to support new equipment builds
- Work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Temperature Controller programming and proper function
- Past working history with various electrical motor types (AC/DC, 3 Phase, Stepper, and Servo)
- 10 years of experience with hands on working and troubleshooting machinery.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
Interested in joining our team, for immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ to the Automation And Controls Engineer position, Job Req. #R0029794.
Check us out at www.sandvik.com .
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set