Technical Support Engineer - Crushing & Screening
Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions is looking for a
Technical Support Engineer (Crushing & Screening)
Location – Flexible across U.S, suitable candidates based globally but able to work U.S office hours will also be considered
Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions (SRP) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries.
In this role, you will provide world class remote (office or home based) technical support and advice for our customers and dealers across the Americas & where required globally. Providing expert electrical and mechanical advice to help resolve our customers technical issues across our tracked and wheeled mobile crushing and screening equipment range. Utilizing a dedicated helpdesk software management system to record, measure and reply to all enquiries via various channels. (phone, chat, web)
You will need both mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills and will drive improvements in our helpdesk performance & standard metrics, review historical helpdesk data and enquiry types to generate and prioritize requirements for new technical support/service documentation projects that then build on our self-service troubleshooting documents available to our dealers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
- Providing expert remote guidance and instructions to customers and dealers to help them troubleshoot and diagnose the root cause of electrical and mechanical issues with their crushing and screening equipment.
- Liaise with other internal departments to find solutions and answers to customer or dealer technical issues and questions
- Own daily responsibility for technical helpdesk ticket closure and wider performance of the Americas helpdesk
- Maintaining domain expertise on our crushing & screening equipment and Sandvik helpdesk systems & processes
- Drive continuous improvement in our use and configuration of the Helpdesk system to improve our efficiency and continuously add more value for dealers
- Provide other regions and peers with system advice, mentoring and helpdesk training
- Take a leading and active role in improving internal communication among the global tech support helpdesk community
- Working with peers in other regions develop a standard internal database of internal helpdesk reference documents to support all helpdesk users
- Promptly escalate open and overdue helpdesk tickets impacting end users
- Identify efficiency improvements to reduce cycle time and using data drive projects and engage other departments/stakeholders in executing solutions
- Always put safety and the environment first when advising dealers
- Review historical helpdesk data, identify and prioritize needs for new self-help documentation and FAQ’s
- Support Regional Tech Support Coordinator to drive the allocation and completion of new documentation projects including publishing to the portal
- Monitor customer satisfaction with helpdesk and use the feedback to drive further continuous improvement actions
Education / Experience
- Able to demonstrate deep technical knowledge and domain expertise in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and control systems covering the entire range of Sandvik crushing and screening equipment
- Demonstrated extensive experience in communicating directly with end customers to resolve issues and provide support
- Mechanical or Electrical Technical Diploma or apprenticeship
- Internal Sandvik application and product training is desirable
- Self-motivated and capable of working on own initiative
- Competent and confident in customer facing role
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and general PC systems
- Good written and spoken English
- Demonstrates deep technical experience in the Crushing & Screening Industry, with detailed knowledge of the Sandvik equipment range
- In depth engineering skills and working knowledge of materials, electrical/mechanical/hydraulic systems, adept at problem solving and decision making to meet business requirements
- Working knowledge of industrial construction equipment, temperature control technology and understanding of PLC controls
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive continuous improvement actions
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Technical Support Engineer position Req. ID # R0029177
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set