Sandvik Coromant is looking for a
Location: Mebane, NC
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
We are looking for a dynamic and results-orientated CAM Programmer to join our team!
Key performance areas
Responsible for creating and supporting highly efficient interactive CAM programs for all types of CNC machines utilizing established processes, systems, and standards.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
In this role you work closely to the Programming Lead. CAM Programmer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating accurate and verified NC programs from drawings or solid models using Sandvik specific software and libraries for various CNC controlled machinery in production processes.
- Storing and retrieving created programs in proper locations ensuring timely access by others.
- Following established standards in regard to proper work holding, sequence of operations, tooling application and cutting data.
- Documenting created programs, providing necessary information to ensure setups and production are performed efficiently and deliver a quality product.
- Working closely with machine operators to identify and remedy issues with created programs, their use or documentation.
- Providing production support through trouble shooting problems with programs, documentation machine performance or any other unexpected results.
- Performing other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills to work with key stake holders.
- Demonstrate good problem solving, analytical thinking, and decision making.
- Strong drive to satisfy customers (internal/external), achieve results, and improve processes through innovative and continuous improvements.
- Ability to read/understand blueprints and GD&T.
- Good understanding of machines, G/M codes, and machining dynamics.
- Knowledge of NX CAD/CAM software and Vericut simulation software a plus
- Ability to create work instructions, presentations, and other documentation using MS Office software.
- Ability to effectively present information to peers and management.
- Must be able to work in 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must have legal right to work in the USA.
You possess a minimum of an associate degree from technical college or equivalent experience required. We believe you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the metal cutting industry. CAD/CAM experience is a plus, NX CAD/CAM experience is preferred. Domestic/Global travel may be required. Schedule will vary according to department needs; weekend work may be required.
You are highly organized have a keen attention to detail and ability to question the facts. Working with continuous improvements is a natural part of your character and you feel comfortable searching for information, identifying small and large solutions, and challenging the norm. You are flexible, react well to change, and remain calm in the face of challenges.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply to the CAM Programmer position, Job ID: R0028960.
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set