Product Specialist - Underground Drills
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Product Specialist is responsible for providing quality technical support for the Sandvik underground drills product line. Assisting in developing the technical competencies of the customer and internal personnel for these products, this role will require travel interstate frequently.
Areas of responsibility
- Provide on-site technical assistance to resolve issues.
- Develop customer relationships to ensure customers have a positive experience and remain loyal to the Sandvik brand.
- Travel within the Sandvik APAC region providing technical support to Sandvik and Customers employees
- Provide technical training to the service network on proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Provide technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues.
- Provide relevant feedback to Technical Support Managers and relevant Factory Product Engineering to enable improvements to the equipment or its operation.
- Provide assistance in compiling accurate data to process warranty claims and engineering improvements.
- Review spare parts recommendations with Parts organization
- Provide information on accuracy of Machine Life Operating Costs (MLOC)
- Investigate warranty claims proactively and reactively to enhance customer satisfaction and provide feedback to the Warranty Coordinator.
You will have a tertiary qualification in a Mechanical/Electrical trade and at least 5+ years post trade experience in Underground Mining. You will be experience in delivering technical training to maintenance personnel and operators and have a high level of interpersonal skills. You will have expert knowledge in Underground Drilling equipment, have experience working in remote locations and understanding the different cultural dynamics.
You will be able to work autonomously and as part of a team and be able to perform under pressure, and respond quickly to requests.
You must have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
What we offer
- 12% Superannuation contribution
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
07 3621 1823
Applications close: 7 July 2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: Jul 7