Software Test Engineer Lead
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for
Software Test Engineer Lead
Are you a Software Test Engineer who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Software Testing experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas:
The Software Test Engineer Lead position is responsible for assigned R&D&Engineering tasks within the Surface Mining Customer Segment at our Alachua Facility. The Software Test Engineer Lead is responsible for the design tasks and technical solutions performed in the responsibility area based on the priorities set by immediate supervisor.
Additionally, the Software Test Engineer Lead will be responsible for:
- Will work in compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
- Maintain ownership of test simulator in terms of
- Keep simulator updated with latest simulator software
- Keep electrical system of simulator updated
- Make sure I/O cards are available on standby in case if needed urgently
- Conduct timely correspondence with simulator manufacturer to get above work done in timely fashion.
- Develop overall software testing strategy for multiple machines and ensure that release builds works for all models.
- Take part in sprint planning and scrum meetings with software developers and other test engineers.
- Work with Product Owner to complete sprint content for assigned automation modules.
- Update testing tasks in spring planning tool with comments, completion times, raise concerns/blocks in timely fashion.
- Participate in code reviews with senior engineers and Product Owners as deemed necessary.
- Project level work and be able to contribute to work breakdown structures (WBS) in MS Project or similar software.
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve testing procedures.
- Contribute in maintaining a team-working environment according to Sandvik Core Values.
- Follow R&D&Engineering strategic plan as prioritized by Engineering Manager and as communicated in performance evaluations.
- Provide support and work closely with other functions in the organization as needed and prioritized by Engineering Manager.
- Fulfil any additional duties assigned by Engineering Manager.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
The Software Test Engineer Lead should have minimum 5-7 years of practical experience in Mobile Machinery System Test Development. In addition, Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related engineering field. MS in Computer Science or related Engineering field is preferred.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Software Test Engineer Lead position, Job Req. ID # R0028593.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set