Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for
Are you a Design Engineer who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Design Engineering experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas:
The Design Engineer position is responsible for assigned R&D and Engineering tasks within the Surface Mining Customer Segment at the Alachua facility. Engineer is responsible for the design tasks and technical solutions performed in the responsibility area based on the priorities set by the supervisor.
Additionally, the Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Will work in compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
- Design, develop and test basic mast, frame and cab systems.
- Responsible that all designs are fully documented in models, drawings, and Bill of Materials.
- Perform a variety of calculations to substantiate design using a working knowledge of design of mechanics of materials and design/application of machine elements.
- Create detail part and assembly drawings showing necessary design details of welding instructions, dimensions and tolerances.
- Ensure BOM accuracy in PLM (Teamcenter) during Engineering releases.
- Write ECN’s to properly convey the engineering changes resulting from new designs or revisions.
- Test, troubleshoot and confirm designs meet machine specifications and design requirements.
- Maintain technical coordination and support with System Leads to ensure designs and drawings meet appropriate standards, quality and follow the component and system strategy.
- Maintain technical coordination and support with Chief Engineers to ensure on time project completion, product meets specification and fully tested.
- Maintain technical coordination and support with other departments, including, but not limited to, Production, Purchasing, Sales and Customer Service including conducting and documenting cross-functional design reviews.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
The Design Engineer should have entry level to 5 years of practical experience in engineering. In addition, Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or MS in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Design Engineer position, Job Req. ID # R0028411.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set