- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Mebane, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0027087
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Machining Solutions in Mebane, NC is looking for a
Sandvik Machining Solutions, a part of Sandvik Inc. is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
Key performance areas
- Make sure that the new product introductions run smoothly with good global communication and support from production.
- Develop processes which help in optimizing production and reducing machining time.
- Simulate programs to avoid machine downtime and proactively improve process and reduce scrap.
- Responsible for engineering systems software releases and providing support.
- Benchmarking processes with other Sandvik units and identifying best practices which can be implemented globally.
- Expertise in softwares like NX, TDM, Vericut, Calypso, DMIS and programming languages like Java, C++, and C is needed.
- Have knowledge in using Sandvik tools for different manufacturing applications with extensive machining experience.
- Experience in creating process plans and using SAP - PLM software’s.
- Knowledge in GD & T, root cause analysis and six sigma methods is needed.
- Basic knowledge in PLC programing and Fanuc controllers is preferred.
- Follow safety, health and environmental procedures pertaining to company, legal and ISO 9001, 14001, and OSHAS 18001 standards
The ideal candidate should possess an Associate Degree in engineering or equivalent manufacturing experience. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment as an engineer. Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and recognized industry quality standards desired. Ability to be flexible with work schedule to provide department coverage and meet with global coworkers.
- Must be able to leverage strong leadership, communication and presentation skills to effectively collaborate with management and employees.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and possess good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision and take ownership of projects.
- Must be able to work with CAM software and program CMM and CNC machines.
- Understand G-code and have good knowledge in GD & T.
- Proficient with Microsoft products.
- Adept in project management.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Manufacturing/Systems Engineer position, Job Requisition ID# R0027087
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set