Technical Documentation Specialist
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Technical Documentation Specialist
Are you a Technical Documentation Specialist who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Technical Documentation experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
Technical Documentation Specialist maintains product integrity to drive safety & quality throughout the product life-cycle by carrying out CPI activities and creating/maintaining end-user documentation.
Additionally, the Technical Documentation Specialist will:
- Improve and develop new methods of technical documentation development, processes and delivery techniques.
- Create, review, and maintain end-user technical documentation for proper content and completeness while adhering to all relevant regulations, standards, and rotary drilling guidelines.
- Support Technical Services Organization with documentation integrity and feedback handling.
- Develop and maintain a Simplified Technical English directory.
- Support other internal departments with technical writing knowledge.
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management system (IMS).
- Proven advanced working experience with Documoto/Docustudio, SDL Tridion, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator), and Microsoft Office 365
- Reading, and interpreting engineering documentation to develop step-by-step operational and maintenance procedures for heavy equipment (preferred) or related industry.
- Basic familiarity with engineering change processes.
- Familiarity with LEAN and CRM systems (Salesforce preferred).
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
BA/BS degree preferred. You possess minimum of 8+ years of related experience in heavy equipment or related industry or AA degree or Vocational Tech Education with 15+ years of related experience in the heavy equipment industry.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default.aspx to the Technical Documentation Specialist position, Job Req. ID # R0026445.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set