Order Processing Engineer
- Deadline: 26 Feb
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Mebane, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0024250
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Coromant in Mebane, NC (USA) is looking for an
Order Processing Engineer
At Sandvik Coromant we shape the future into a prosperous and sustainable place where engineering and technical solutions help solve the challenges of tomorrow. We’re now looking for an energetic self-starter to join our team in Mebane, NC. Join us so we can build a better world together!
Sandvik Coromant is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We offer a global, innovative and inclusive setting, with passionate people and industry leading solutions in metal cutting – an exciting marketing arena where speed, agility and solid insights sure makes a difference!
In this position, the Order Processing Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing capabilities and processes to ensure that costs, quality targets and compliance of production standards are achieved. Control and ensure that production schedules are met of the assigned production lines.
Responsible for information needed for products to be manufactured which includes materials acquisition & operational processes (internal and external). Provide feedback to upstream and downstream processes that will aid in manufacturing and deliver quality to the end customer. Support the overall order management process and provide quality service to all stake holders. Analyze complex designs for manufacturability and work with the team to ensure the most cost effective methods. Generate cost estimates and quotations for new & repeat custom orders. Review new orders & product designs/drawings in support of production groups.
Additionally, the Order Processing Engineer will be responsible for;
- Developing manufacturing and production processes of complex products that are reliable, cost-effective, and support the organization’s short and long-term business objectives
- Driving and contributing to improvements to increase productivity, quality and cost of equipment, processes, work and identify best practices
- Contributing with input from production in product development projects
- Control and ensure that production schedules are met of the assigned production process
Revise and implement new method/process/products and equipment in production
Purchase and implement equipment/system in production
Create and revise directives and instructions with area of expertise
Your background and profile
Associates degree and 3-5 years’ experience in metal cutting manufacturing processing products manufacturing flow production and planning systems is preferred. You are a natural multi-tasker and can prioritize your time, as a capable team member you able to;
- Good understanding of Production machines
- Proactively manage multiple orders with multiple account executives
- Research and troubleshoot problems
- Prioritize and meet deadlines
- Effectively use many different independent systems in order to enter, track, research and follow up on orders and order requests
- Extremely detail oriented
- Work effectively without close supervision
- Complete all required assignments in a timely manner with high standards of quality
- Work with many different departments with follow-through to ensure proper completion
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Flexible and willing to take on additional tasks as required
- Systems-focused, and proficient in Excel & possess experience with ERP systems
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. Visit us at www.sandvik.com
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
How to apply
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: 26 Feb