Product Master Surface and Rotary Drills
- Deadline: 1 Feb
- Country: Canada
- Location: British Columbia, Leduc, Alberta, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Job-ID: R0022458
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Product Master - Surface and Rotary Drills
Location: Western Canada
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Product Master - Surface and Rotary Drills is responsible for providing quality technical service/support and for developing the technical competencies for the customer and internal personnel.
- Provides technical training to the service network on proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting practices
- Provides technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues
- Provides relevant feedback to factories to enable improvements to the equipment or its operation
- Aids in compiling accurate data to process warranty claims and engineering machine improvements
- Investigates warranty claims proactively and reactively to enhance customer satisfaction and provide feedback to the respective factories
- Assists factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation
- Main contact for the Division with technical matters within the Sales Area
- Performs equipment demonstrations in a safe manner
- Assist customers with parts interpretations and recommended stock holdings
- Develop customer relationships to ensure customers have a positive experience and remain loyal to the Sandvik brand
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Responsible for identifying and reporting any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and/or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met
- Attends Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings
- Wears the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task
- Technical Trade Industrial Mechanic Certification required or equivalent in a relevant field
- 5 or more years’ experience working directly on Rotary and Surface drills or 10 years’ experience in a related discipline
- Knowledge of the mining drilling industry
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others
- Flexible, self-motivated and drive to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills.
- Strong investigation and diagnostic skills
- Computer literacy
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to job requisition # R0022458. We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: 1 Feb