Thermaltek in Concord, NC is looking for a
Are you a team player whose passion is conjuring up innovative ideas? Bring your career to a higher temperature with Thermaltek!
Thermaltek, part of Sandvik a high-tech, global industrial engineering group, designs and manufactures "custom" high temperature electric heating equipment and control systems for industrial applications up to 1800C including ceramics and glass, chemical & mineral processing, non-ferrous metals, aerospace & electronics. Designs include box, elevator, top hat, car bottom, rotary tube calciners, & crucible furnaces. Processes include firing/sintering, de-binding, melting, & annealing. Thermaltek also manufactures metallic resistance heating elements and provides other types of elements for industrial heating applications. Thermaltek has complete design and fabricating capabilities for new equipment or for redesigns and upgrades.
Key performance areas
- Design and detail custom furnace equipment and heating systems to satisfy customer specifications, using sound engineering principles and company design philosophy
- Analyze existing company designs continuously improving product supplied
- Use Solidworks to develop models and drawings of new products
- Develop bills of material from designs to facilitate procurement of material
- Support manufacturing and production staff in the fabrication and assembly of custom equipment and existing production contracts
- Support Sales force in developing preliminary plans and technical documentation
- Maintain and improve engineering record keeping for future referencing
- Coordinate with other engineers and management to ensure production schedules and budgets are maintained
- Provide telephone support to end users and field service personnel regarding operation, configuration, and maintenance of equipment
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility and practicality of design or application
- Prepare technical reports for engineering / management personnel for long and short-term planning and or for use by marketing personnel in technical support applications
- Develop and provides technical documentation
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and ten plus years’ experience in a design and manufacturing company. Experience with heating systems and high temperature environments is preferred. Demonstrated strong customer service and take responsibility mindset to ensure customers are satisfied and we are exceeding their expectations.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Design Engineer position, Job ID # R0022345
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
At Sandvik we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set