- Deadline: 29 Nov
- Country: Burkina Faso
- Location: Ouga
- Job-ID: R0022144
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Service Engineer will supervise Sandvik fleets service and maintenance as well as Parts/tool store and driving cost efficiencies and capital profit through good leadership, strong customer relations and best practice Safety, Health and Environment effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for Safe Work environment by contributing to job safety analysis, engineering technical standards, facility standards and work practices.
- Customer training and efficient technical service support pertaining all SMRT product supplied to customer base within West Africa.
- Installation and commissioning of Sandvik equipment.
- Guide and assist the various teams with fault diagnosis work on SMRT equipment.
- Perform repairs and fault finding using hydraulic and electric schematics.
- Cooperate closely with the Sales Team to promote aftermarket parts sale.
- Provide relevant feedback to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity.
- Work towards achieving set KPI’s
- Carry out all work in accordance to set budget and timeframes.
- Carry out equipment condition audit and submit technical reports with parts recommendation.
- Adhere to all SMRT Policies and Procedures especially the SHEQ policies
- Degree qualification in a mechanical or electrical discipline with experience in heavy-duty trackless equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of DTH and Top hammer drill rigs would be an advantage.
- Previous knowledge and experience of Sandvik products such as DP1500i, DR560, D25KS and DE810 will be an advantage.
- Expertise in CanBus and PLC systems on Heavy Duty equipment will be an advantage.
- Intermediate Knowledge of MS office applications
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-discipline team and provide guidance to members of the team
- Possession of a Valid Drivers’ license
Service Manager – Surface Mining
For immediate consideration, please apply to the Service Engineer – Surface Mining position on or before 30th November 2020 on the Sandvik intranet, Job ID: R0022144
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Burkina Faso - Ouagadougou
Deadline: 29 Nov