- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Palm Coast, Florida
- Job-ID: R0019351
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Palm Coast in, Palm Coast, FL is looking for a
Sandvik Palm Coast is a leading manufacturer of medical fine wire and components to the medical device industry. As part of the Sandvik Materials Technology organization, we offer a world of opportunities within our diverse businesses and cross-border networks to enable you to explore your potential and thrive in our company.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
We strive for a culture that realizes the full potential of all our employees. We are looking for a key contributor that can help drive new product development opportunities, interface with customers on key projects and assist with material, process and equipment innovations. These efforts are a key component to help drive our business growth objectives. This role will require daily direct involvement with Production Staff.
Key Performance Areas
As the Process Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Developing and modifying process formulations, methods and controls to meet quality standards and customer needs.
• Analyzing existing production processes and develop recommendations for changes to working methods or operation sequences.
• Minimizing costs, increasing yields/ productivity, improving quality and consistency of the overall product.
• Recommending and implementing improvements, modifications and or additions to current processes.
• Collecting and analyzing process data to initiate, develop and implement process improvements.
• Determining how new information technologies can support reengineered processes.
Additional duties include:
• Identifying areas for process control improvements.
• Understanding, developing, implementing and interpreting statistical process control systems.
• Collecting, analyzing and interpreting overall equipment effectiveness data, to help prioritize production changes and improvements.
• Strongly influence and collaboratively work in a team environment with other departments to accomplish company goals.
• Direct and support Continuous Improvement Activities.
• Provide engineering support in the day-to-day running of equipment and assist with troubleshooting issues.
• Directing and supporting trials to test current process limitations and develop improvements.
• Design, implement and train various personnel on new procedures and processes.
• Develop procedural guidelines and reports to be used by multiple departments.
• Other tasks or assignments as required by management.
You possess a minimum of 5 years of process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering. You have an excellent understanding of manufacturing processes, are familiar with continuous improvement concepts, are mechanically inclined and have the desire to initiate change in established processes. You are highly organized, strongly analytical, and have a keen attention to detail and ability to question the facts.
You balance multiple priorities with ease while always delivering excellent results. You react well to change and are flexible and comfortable working in an ever-changing environment with a variety of contacts. You are a team player and your excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and cultural awareness skills enable you to perform well in a multi-cultural team environment.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
Interested in joining our team?
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Process Engineer position located in Palm Coast, FL, Job Req. ID# R0019351.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set