- Deadline: Not set
- Country: China
- Location: Chongqing, Chongqing
- Job-ID: R0018535
- Job category: Engineering
- Prepare concept/ proposal process solutions for assigned projects
- Define machining processes, tooling, and parameters for customers by developing new, or selecting and applying appropriate methods and processes.
- Provide solutions in concert with the Business & Product Strategies outlined.
- Use internal customized business software as necessary to support collection and routing of project requirements.
- Maintain direct contact with Sandvik Coromant Sales, Customers, and Inside Sales Representatives as necessary to ensure effective levels of communication regarding the respective project solution, status, and any related concerns.
- Provide Customer Documentation like Process Details and Tool Layouts
- Visit customers as required to understand customer needs, present project solutions, and support implementation as needed
- Prepare presentation materials and make presentations for internal and external customers, as well as, training purposes.
- Conduct training for internal and external customers, as required.
- Supports established sales targets at targeted customers.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Support other engineering offices as required.
Additional capability based on specific Project Engineering Role:
- Produce CAM programs for all levels of machines including, but not limited to, 3/4/5-axis
machining centers, turn-mill centers, lathes and milling machines
- Lives the Sandvik Core Values, acts with integrity, builds trust, leads by examples and keeps confidences.
- Lives the Safety-First culture
- Conducts business in an ethical manner, in compliance with Sandvik anti-corruption policy.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience relating to cutting tools and aerospace background
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience/education
- Understanding of metal cutting processes and cutting tool application
- Knowledge in machining of ISO S, N and M materials
- Knowledge in key aerospace components manufacturing inclusive process, tool selection, fixture, machine capabilities
- Knowledge in CAM software (E.g; Catia, Concept NREC, NX, Master CAM) related to aerospace components inclusive 5 axis machining
- Shows high skills in communicating in Native Language with basic business and technical communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Accountability: Focuses on activities that help meet work commitments
- Creativity and flexibility: Knowledge about successful ways to deal with opportunities and changes and apply it to different situations
- Effective communication: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively convey, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, info, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Knowledge Sharing: Knowledge & ability to absorb, process, and share knowledge within a specific knowledge area
- Networking: Generates productive relationships with internal and external partners that improve access to resources and expertise
- Problem solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately in different kinds of situations.,
- Producing results: Ability to use assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals and teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes
- Sandvik Coromant Business Understanding: Awareness and knowledge of Sandvik Coromant´s vision, structures, operating principles, core values, and code of conduct; ability to apply this understanding in the right way to different situations
- Teamwork: Understanding the necessity and value of teamwork; ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Competitive environment: Knowledge of the processes, tools, and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
Specific competences for the job
- Project Planning and Organization
- Project Control and Reporting
- Leadership in Projects
- Risk and Opportunities Management
- Effective Communication
- High level of organizational & prioritizing skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality solutions and customer service
- Ability to work in a networked / matrix organization
- Self-motivator with ability to multi-task to meet strict deadlines
- Travel is required (up to 30% of working time), potentially domestic and international
Deadline: Not set