- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Mebane, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0016215
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Coromant in Mebane, NC is looking for an
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
Our Tools Production team located in Mebane, NC is looking a self-motivated Engineering Manager able to lead and manage a group of dynamic and professional engineers.
Key performance areas
As the Engineering Manager you have the responsibility and authority over the Engineering Department. You are responsible for resourcing allocations and decisions regarding new and existing products and their manufacturing processes, including automation, metrology, new concept developments, as well as continuous improvements. The Engineering Manager is also responsible for aligning production strategies within the product portfolio strategy for this production unit. This role is a critical link between the production unit, global R&D, product management and production technology. Additional responsibilities include machine investment projects as well as other global projects within the Coromant Supply network. The Engineering Manager is responsible for talent recruitment, management and development.
Define and achieve targets related to all aspects of production with the PU management team and Coromant organization. Establish operational plans, goals, forecasts of operating costs and budgets. Advises management of new developments that may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations. Confers with management, production, product management and R&D to determine feasibility, cost-effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products. Responsible for the utilization of resources and keeping productivity levels in-line within company financial and budgetary objectives. Ensure resource utilization performance is monitored and communicated. The Engineering Manager is responsible for talent recruitment, management and development in areas of responsibility. Directly supervise salaried engineers. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Ensures work is conducted safely by maintaining a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations. Contribute to establish and maintain the site and company-wide quality and HSE standards. Responsible for conformance and duties of the ISO 9001 and EHS standards and site certifications, as well as the continued improvement of these areas. Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Additional responsibilities include
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activities of a team of engineers
- Plan, prioritize, and manage engineering activities; prioritize tasks and assign team members to ensure that the team’s resources are used effectively and that agreements are fulfilled
- Select, lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of professional Engineers and technical and administrative support staff to ensure that engineering operations are completed on-time, within budget, and as per the set goals
- Create career development programs for the team and develop medium-term planning for the growth of the process.
- Ensure implementation of projects for deliverables within the organizations scope
Required skills and competencies
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information to subordinates, peers, and top management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Working knowledge of budgeting, reporting, and tracking processes
- General personnel and development knowledge
- Working knowledge of employment laws and HS&E regulatory requirements
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must be legal resident of United States
The Engineering Manager will possess a Bachelors ’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred. in Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Production or Industrial Engineering and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 5 years of experience in operations management in any leading cutting tools or similar environment. Ability to travel abroad and a valid sate issues driver’s license.
Additionally, the Engineering Manager will possess:
- Safety first mindset
- Performance and project management skills
- Ability to influence and promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Strategy and change management skills
- Technical knowledge in specials manufacturing including premium threading inserts for O&G
- Lean production knowledge and experience
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Collaborative and solution-oriented approach to problem solving with stakeholders
- Ability to work in global business environment with diversified cultures.
- Finance capabilities, e.g. budgeting, investment planning, resource allocation, to include full Production Unit P&L responsibility if required.
- Project Management skills
- Strong organizational and excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills Strong Organizational and excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to apply to the Engineering Manager position, Job Opening # R0016215
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set