Process / Mechanical Design Engineer
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0016160
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Process / Mechanical Design Engineer
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Key Performance Areas
As the Process / Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for investigating, planning, and developing appropriation requests for approval and implementing process improvements focusing on maximum utilization and performance of processes, production equipment and the quality and efficiency of products produced. The position also functions as a technical estimator and carries the additional responsibility of process development engineer and technical troubleshooter for both internal and external customer performance concerns. A background in metallurgy and material sciences is considered a plus. Process engineering experience and flexibility with project management in other industries would also be considered beneficial. Mechanical design for process layout and manufacturers component design experience using AutoCad Inventor would be highly desirable. This position will analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing processes in order to ensure sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable processes. Recommend practices and processes in order to achieve enhanced safety, increased productivity and reduced cost.
Additional duties include:
- Identify areas for process control improvements
- Prioritize process control improvements and lead teams on implementing the improvements
- Understand, develop, implement and interpret statistical process control systems
- Lead projects to improve productivity and efficiency of production equipment
- Collect, analyze and interpret overall equipment effectiveness data, to help prioritize production changes and improvements. Strongly influence and work in a team environment with other departments, to accomplish company goals.
- Improve all aspects of quality, in turn, improving product yield while decreasing operational costs where possible
- Set and maintain key process parameters
- Direct and support Continuous Improvement Activities
- Provide engineering support in the day to day running of equipment and assist with troubleshooting issues
- Direct and support trials to test current process limitations and develop improvements
- Design, implement and train various personnel on new procedures and processes
- Develop procedural guidelines and reports to be used by multiple departments
- Attend and contribute to daily production meetings
- Present data and status of prioritized activities to management monthly
- Other tasks or assignments as required by management
- Design manufacturing components using AutoDesk Inventor software, for process equipment improvements
- AutoCad layout and blueprint design and modification experience
You possess a minimum of 5 years of process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment and a Bachelors of Science degree from an ABET accredited college or university in Engineering. You have an excellent understanding of manufacturing processes, are familiar with continuous improvement concepts, are mechanically inclined and have the desire to initiate change in established processes. You are highly organized, strongly analytical, and have a keen attention to detail and ability to question the facts. You balance multiple priorities with ease while always delivering excellent results. You react well to change and are flexible and comfortable working in an ever-changing environment with a variety of contacts. You are a team player and your excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and cultural awareness skills enable you to perform well in a multi-cultural team environment. You remain diplomatic and calm in the face of challenges, and work well under pressure.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Process / Mechanical Design Engineer position in Clarks Summit, PA, Job ID# R0016160.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set