- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Palm Coast, Florida
- Job-ID: R0015056
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Palm Coast in, Palm Coast, FL is looking for a
Sandvik Palm Coast is a leading manufacturer of medical fine wire and components to the medical device industry. As part of the Sandvik Materials Technology organization, we offer a world of opportunities within our diverse businesses and cross-border networks to enable you to explore your potential and thrive in our company.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
Key Performance Areas
As the Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and modifying process formulations, methods and controls to meet quality standards. Analyze existing production processes and develop recommendations for changes to working methods or operation sequences that will minimize risks, costs, and wastage; increase yields and productivity; and improve the quality and consistency of final products. Recommend and implement improvements, modifications or additions to present processes. Review requirements for compatibility with process methods to determine costs and schedules. Collect and analyze process data to initiate, develop and implement process improvements. Determine how new information technologies can support reengineering processes.
Additional duties include:
- Identify areas for process control improvements
- Prioritize process control improvements and lead teams on implementing the improvements
- Understand, develop, implement and interpret statistical process control systems
- Lead projects to improve productivity and efficiency of production equipment
- Collect, analyze and interpret overall equipment effectiveness data, to help prioritize production changes and improvements.
- Strongly influence and work in a team environment with other departments, to accomplish company goals
- Improve all aspects of quality, in turn, improving product yield while decreasing operational costs where possible
- Set and maintain key process parameters
- Direct and support Continuous Improvement Activities
- Provide engineering support in the day to day running of equipment and assist with troubleshooting issues
- Direct and support trials to test current process limitations and develop improvements
- Design, implement and train various personnel on new procedures and processes
- Develop procedural guidelines and reports to be used by multiple departments
- Attend and contribute to daily production meetings
- Present data and status of prioritized activities to management monthly
- Other tasks or assignments as required by management
You possess a minimum of 5 years of process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering. You have an excellent understanding of manufacturing processes, are familiar with continuous improvement concepts, are mechanically inclined and have the desire to initiate change in established processes. You are highly organized, strongly analytical, and have a keen attention to detail and ability to question the facts.
You balance multiple priorities with ease while always delivering excellent results. You react well to change and are flexible and comfortable working in an ever-changing environment with a variety of contacts. You are a team player and your excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and cultural awareness skills enable you to perform well in a multi-cultural team environment. You remain diplomatic and calm in the face of challenges, and work well under pressure.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to Process Engineer position in Palm Coast, FL, Job Req. ID#R0015056.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set