Engineering Supervisor - Current Production Improvement (CPI)
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0011104
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Engineering Supervisor-Current Product Improvement(CPI)- Design and Development Team, Surface Pedestal Drills
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. The offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Engineering Supervisor – Current Product Improvement (CPI) is responsible for driving efficiency of the assembly of the product, reducing build time and resolving design issues from the field reports. The Engineering Supervisor will report to the VP of design and development and liaises with system/component lead, automation team, project office, technical services and supply team.
Additionally, the Engineering Supervisor will:
- Maintain technical coordinator and support with the engineering staff and other departments, including, but not limited to, production, purchasing, sales and customer service
- Ability to mentor engineering team
- Implement common solutions across products
- Work on the product design issues as prioritized under the CPI process
- Resolve the field quality issues agreed with the technical service team
- Follow strict product upgrade plants and roll out on the current products
- Interact with product line and supply team to identify cost saving and design improvement opportunities
- Perform and approve design calculations to ensure the design meets the requirements
- Give design feedbacks to the new product development team
- Work closely with component/system lead and ensure there is common solutions across products
- Manage a project team, assign them tasks and mentor junior members of the project team in technical aspects of the project
- Drive efficiency of the assembly of the product and reducing build time
- Cooperate with the remote resource pools and engage resources as needed
- Ensure product bill of material and drawings are ready for serial production
- Will work in compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
You possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. Minimum 7 years’ practical experience in engineering. Minimum 1-2 years in supervision.
Candidates should also possess:
- Familiarity with Sandvik products and processes
- CAD package Proficiency (NX and or/MEDUSA preferred_
- Working within PDM system (Team Center)
- Good understanding of common engineering standard for mobile equipment product development (3D-modelling, design & drafting, GD&T)
- Ability to prioritize workloads and be well organized
- Ability to work cross functionally in a high-pressure environment
- Team working and clear communication skills
- Must be knowledgeable in structure, hydraulics and power-transmission
- Understanding matching still fabrications, manufacturing techniques, and processes for mobile equipment
- Application knowledge of mobile equipment, preferably in drilling equipment
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a performance bonus plan, competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Engineering Supervisor position, Job Opening R0011104.
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set