Sr Technical Writer - Instruction Manual & Parts
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0009311
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Sr. Technical Writer – Instruction Manual & Parts
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, services, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key Performance Areas
The Sr. Technical Writer creates, reviews, and maintains all technical and end-user documentation for commissioning, operator, maintenance, service, and parts manuals. Create, review, and maintain all technical documentation for proper content and completeness while adhering to all relevant regulations and standards for rock drill rigs.
- Review engineering documentation to develop step-by-step operational and maintenance procedures
- Develop and maintain a Simplified Technical English directory
- Improve and develop new methods of technical documentation development, processes, and delivery techniques
- Support other internal departments with technical writing knowledge
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System. Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written skills in English and Simplified Technical English
- Excellent understanding of Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic systems for heavy equipment
- Excellent social skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively with people and other departments on all levels
You possess BA/BS Degree: 8+ years of related experience in heavy equipment or related industry OR AA Degree or Vocational Tech Education with 15+ years of related experience in the heavy equipment industry.
- Proven advanced working experience with Teamcenter, FrameMaker, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator), Documoto, Docustudio, Microsoft Office, and Corel
- Proven working experience within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) programs and Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Creating technical documentation for heavy equipment (preferred) or related industry
- Reading and interpreting engineering documentation
- Basic familiarity with engineering change processes and CatBase
- Working with or the development of ISO standards
- Ability to function independently and produce results that meet standards of quality, timeliness and acceptability with minimal supervision and general direction
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Sr. Technical Writer – Instruction Manual & Parts position, Job Req. # R0009311.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set