Director of Engineering
- Deadline: 28 Jun
- Country: Sweden
- Location: Stockholm
- Job-ID: R0011147
- Job category: Engineering
Center of Digital Excellence (CODE) is a digital growth venture within Sandvik; starting with a clean slate and no legacy but still hitting the ground running. Unlike many other ventures and startups, we don’t have a funding issue; we’re backed by one of the most resourceful industrial players you can find. As we continue our journey, we want mature, independent professionals with a genuine passion for impacting the life of people and a drive to solve big problems at massive scale. We want doers.
We are now looking for a Director of Engineering to join our team in Stockholm – someone who has grown a startup or small team into a larger organization and is thrilled to do this journey again. Our engineering organization is in a state of rapid growth and we’re looking for someone to lead the way in shaping our ways of working, professionalizing processes and positioning our team for exponential growth.
As Director of Engineering, you’re responsible for leading and mentoring our engineering teams in building the backbone technologies that power our cloud-based SaaS offerings. This includes Prism, which reimagines what machine programming can be, and uFab, which simplifies time and cost estimation of work using AI. You lead our infrastructure and SRE teams as well as our front- and backend teams. This role also involves deep collaboration with key external partners such as Google, Apple and Siemens, our sister companies across Sandvik globally, and key business, technology and product stakeholders internally.
- Identifying KPIs to measure engineering and product success together with key stakeholders, and follow up on results to iteratively improve our offerings
- Establishing an inclusive and nurturing engineering culture to position the organization for world-class customer impact
- Setting the long-term technology strategy for existing and new products
- Setting the short- and long-term strategy for developing engineering orchestration as a discipline, and for developing the people within it
- Implementing processes and a framework that enable our engineers to develop their skills, competences and passion for technology
Your skills and qualifications
We’re looking for someone with at least ten years’ experience from leading a rapidly growing engineering organization. You have a solid background from developing great people and great products by utilizing your understanding and interest in other people - and the drivers that motivate them. You’re comfortable influencing and collaborating with other internal engineering leaders and product leaders to create seamless interfaces across our portfolio of offerings. Furthermore, you have a fundamental belief that technology is the key to great customer experience and business impact.
Other required skills and experiences:
- Creating, driving and developing technology strategies across multiple offerings and cross-functional teams
- Skills in leading multi-disciplinary teams and an understanding for all layers of the tech stack
- Extensive experience in building systems and applications targeting both developers and end-users
- Strong experience in building SaaS-products and RESTful APIs
- Experience in DevOps-culture with regards to automation and CI/CD
- M.Sc. or higher in an engineering field, such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including C-suite, to create buy-in for technical vision and strategy
- Proven success in product launches
- Experience from working with – and improving – agile methods
- A pragmatic approach to solving problems
A glimpse into our tech stack
- Go, Python, C, C++
- Reactjs, React-native
- Google Cloud Platform, Cloud PubSub, Istio and more
- ThreeJS, WebGL
- R, Scala, Pandas, Numpy, several ML and DL framework, and more
- G Suite
Meet some of the team in this video.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
We have an ongoing selection in this business crucial recruitment. Please send your application as soon as possible, and no later than June 28, 2019. Read more about Sandvik and apply at www.sandvik.se/career, Job ID: R0011147.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Hugo Nordell, Vice President Center of Digital Excellence, email@example.com
Therese Rutqvist, Recruitment Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Union contacts - Sweden
Thomas Lilja, Unionen, +46 (0)70 261 04 82
Göran Norell, Akademikerföreningen, +46 (0)26 266 574
Peter Olsson-Andrée, Ledarna, +46 (0)26 261 984
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Services, +46 (0)26 261 444.
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided on what advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilize. In light of this, we respectfully decline any contact with marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
At Sandvik, we have the passion, expertise and innovative mindset for developing new ideas into pioneering solutions. Driven by the challenges our customers face, we continuously strive to set new industry standards, resulting in higher productivity and enabling more efficient and safer industrial activities. With our brand recognition and global reach, we want to democratize access to manufacturing, putting world-leading industrial know-how at the fingertips of any digital transformation inside industrial markets around the world. In doing so, we created CODE.
Deadline: 28 Jun