Contracts Manager Rock Tools Pilbara
- Deadline: 22 Dec
- Country: Australia
- Location: Perth WA, Western Australia
- Job-ID: R0015485
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The role is responsible for the contract management of Rio Tinto’s Iron Ore Western Operations. This includes developing strong customer relationships at a senior level and providing the required service levels that continually demonstrate to our customers the value of Sandvik drilling consumables and services. The Contract Manager must have outstanding communication skills, be detail oriented with a superior customer service attitude.
Key performance areas
- Provide daily direction and technical knowledge to all direct reports to ensure an acceptable level of service, quality of work and support to key stakeholders and customers.
- Liaise and communicate regularly with key Sandvik & customer personnel at Contract Sites.
- Follow up with direct reports on their daily tasks, outstanding work to be completed.
- Responsibility for all Logistic requirements such as Customer stock levels, Sandvik stock levels, forecasting, stock taking, stock reconciliation and stock turns.
- Ensure the profitable control of each contract site.
- Identify and develop training requirements at each site, including product related training to assist our rock tool crews (and customers) to better understand the best use of Sandvik drilling consumables.
It is essential that you have experience in commercial and contract management as well as Mining / Drilling application knowledge. A formal qualification in Mining Engineering or Project Management discipline would be a distinct advantage.
It is also desirable that you meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of and experience with the Sandvik product range.
- Understanding of Mine Health and Safety Regulations.
- Good understanding of the service business processes.
- Financial management skills.
- Experience in preparation of tender submissions.
- Superior customer relation skills.
- Ability to manage business risk.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to lead a team.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills are a must for this role.
- High level of computer literacy with an understanding of ERP and service system/s.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- A competitive hourly rate and allowances
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunnelling, quarrying and breaking and demolition.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
07 3621 1823
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2018, the Group had approximately 42,000 employees and sales of 100 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.