Contract Supervisor - M1
- Deadline: 15 Nov
- Country: South Africa
- Location: Musina
- Job-ID: R0013336
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Contracts Supervisor – Rock Tools is responsible for the profitability and growth of the business for both underground and surface rock tools as well as the establishment of commercial contracts administration organization with the objective of increasing service line and business line profitability of new and existing contracts within the allocated geographic area.
Key Performance Areas
- Plan, prioritize, and schedule the team’s activities so that resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Monitor the status of contract activities to identify problem areas and adapt procedures to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Liaise with functional or operational area managers (for example in sales, marketing, finance, supply and logistics) to ensure that contract activities are integrated with other parts of the business
- Ensure effective revenue and profitability of Contract
- To take responsible approach to health, safety and environment risks in relation to your own job and that of your team and to control the risks or report them to management accordingly
- Grade 12 / N3 Technical Qualification / Equivalent Qualification
- Diploma or Degree in Commercial Contract Administration/Management/Business Administration/Engineering
- At least 5 years Commercial Contract Administration/Management experience, preferably in mining or industrial sectors
- Computer literacy - Advanced Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- English proficiency
- At least 2 years experience in Trackless Mining Machinery parts.
- Strong financial background
- Strong EHS Focus
- Physical & Medical ability to function in an underground mining environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to work logically, consistently and accurately
- Self-motivated and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers.
Applications close 15 November 2019
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.