- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Australia
- Location: Roxby Downs, South Australia
- Job-ID: R0010788
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
Contract Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the correct Drilling Consumables stock levels are held and available at all allocated site locations for day to day drilling operations. That all Rock Tools are inspected, serviced, and maintained to ensure optimum product performance. Ensure all work duties are conducted safely and efficiently. The aim is to support our customers as safely and efficiently as possible and to ensure all operational requirements are maintained. This role has a roster of 8 days on, 6 days off.
Areas of Responsibility
- Support Surface Drilling in the Mining and Construction Industry with Logistical control and stores management:
- Rock Tools Inventory Management – Forecasting, Tracking and Monitoring
- Reporting and analytical duties
- Maintain efficient operation of stock room / locations / drill rigs
- Maintain efficient operation and layout of laydown areas
- Implementation and operation of electronic stock control system
- Inventory Management and logistical co-ordination
- Control of the Sandvik Carbide Recovery Program
- Participates in site meetings and safety initiatives and activities
- Develop JHA’s and Risk Assessments around stock handling and movement.
- Developing customer relations in regards to rig movements, configurations & requirements.
- Liaise with customers about Sandvik Drilling Consumables with feedback and history.
- Assist Contract Coordinator Lead to Integrate, Control and maintain electronic stock control system
- Carry out the refurbishment of DTH Hammers and other rock tools products with a focus on safety, quality and productivity.
You will have strong warehousing or DTH Drilling experience and a solid understanding of the mining industry and can work as part of a team. Excellent customer service skills as you will be representing Sandvik on site. You will need a high level of drive and determination and leadership skills to be successful.
It is also desirable that you meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of and experience with the Sandvik product range.
- Understanding of Mine Health and Safety Regulations.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills are a must for this role.
- High level of computer literacy with the ability to use a tablet in the field
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunnelling, quarrying and breaking and demolition.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2018, the Group had approximately 42,000 employees and sales of 100 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: Not set