Business Analyst - Warehouse & Transport Management
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE DIGITAL FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY We embarked a seven year global Business Transformation program enabled by SAP S/4HANA in January 2021. This is a greenfield implementation for Sandvik, a large Swedish multinational group. Ireland was chosen as the central hub location for this business digitalisation initiative which we call the “Seamless Flow Program”. A second phase of the Program is now starting, with ambition to extend the template to our Sales Units
We are looking for exceptional people to join our diverse and multi-cultural team. This is a fantastic opportunity to create the digital future for our organisation using the very latest SAP technologies, creating sustainable business benefits and supporting the execution of Divisional strategies.
As we are creating a new internal SAP competency, this presents a great opportunity for learning and career development in this full-time position.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering Group with a strong commitment to enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 44,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Business Analyst – Warehouse & Transport Management for a permanent role in our Dublin Office.
The purpose of the Business Analyst role is to represent the business interests and requirements on the programme by bringing knowledge of current business operations and taking responsibility for helping define how the business will operate in the future, enabled by the new technologies implemented by the programme.
The Business Analyst will work with a number of specialist teams across the programme ensuring that the Business is represented in Functional Design, Development, Security, Data Migration, Change Management & Training.
The role will be responsible for ensuring that business and solution designs are tested and delivered in line with what has been agreed through the design phase. This individual will play a critical role in ensuring that the business understands what has been designed, how it will be implemented and helps ensure that it is ready to receive the new solutions and processes once they are ready for deployment.
Functional Area of Responsibility
This Business Analyst role will be aligned to the Warehouse and Transport Management functional areas which include
- Good receiving and put-away
- Order pick & pack
- Cycle Counting & inventory Control
- Freight Management & Order Tracking
- Freight Billing
- Warehouse & Transport Reporting & Analytics
- Provide insight into how the business operates today and ensure that the requirements of the divisions / common functions are known and considered in the design process
- Support the Functional Consultants in the preparation and running of process, solution and user experience design workshops taking accountability for closing out business requirement related actions and decisions
- Work with business owners / process owners to ensure the designs being produced are in line with business expectations and meet their requirements
- Support the documentation of design artefacts and take overall ownership of the future business process model designs
- Review draft solution design material produced by the technical members of the relevant functional team
- Support the data migration team in scoping the legacy data, data mapping, cleansing, testing and validation activities
- Support the design, testing and implementation of role based security profiles and segregation of duties controls
- Contribute to the production of the necessary test scripts required to test the newly designed systems and processes
- Execute system testing throughout the implementation phases, working with the development teams to resolve defects
- Support the preparation, execution and sign off of User Acceptance Testing with the nominated business users
- Support the production of end user training material and delivery of end user training as required
- Support the Change Management team in assessing business change impacts and engaging with the business teams to drive adoption
- Work with the post go-live support team to help support the business with the introduction of the new solution and processes, acting as a point of contact for business queries and issues that can be resolved without the need for system changes, i.e. training issue, data entry issue, etc.
You are a highly motivated, delivery focused self-starter with exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities. You have a can-do attitude and thrive on working in a multi-cultural team environment. You have excellent inter-personal skills and strong communication skills. You are proficient in the MS Office suite and are capable of producing high quality documents and outputs You have 3+ years of experience working in [Finance, Order Management, Inventory Management, Sourcing & Purchasing, Warehouse & Transport Management, Trade Compliance] in SMRT, have a deep understanding of the current processes and know your way around the business. You set high standards for yourself and have a passion for excellence. You are educated to degree level or equivalent. Previous experience of working on projects and change initiatives is preferred. Working knowledge of System 21 in SMCL is an advantage. Previous SAP experience, particularly in this functional area is also an advantage.
Training in SAP S/4HANA will be provided.
Some international travel will be required.
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- On-Site gym
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland, with exceptions for EMEA based on internal resources with required skillsets.
Reporting to: The Business Process Manager
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via https://www.home.sandvik/career
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilise, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilize, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 31st May 2023.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Deadline: Not set