Business Analyst - Warehouse & Transport Management
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE DIGITAL FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
We are embarking on an eight year global Business Transformation programme enabled by SAP S/4HANA. This is a greenfield implementation for Sandvik, a large Swedish multinational group. Ireland has been chosen as the central hub location for this business digitalisation initiative which we call the “Seamless Flow Programme”. We will create a SAP Centre of Excellence (CoE) with responsibility to run the programme and manage the application thereafter.
We are looking for exceptional people to join our multi-cultural team located in Dublin. This is a fantastic opportunity to create the digital future for our organisation using the very latest SAP technologies, creating sustainable business benefits and supporting the execution of Divisional strategies.
As we are creating a new internal SAP competency, this presents a great opportunity for learning and career development in this full-time position.
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Business Analyst - Warehouse & Transport Management (P3) (12MTH FTC) in our Dublin Office.
The purpose of the Business Analyst role is to represent the business interests and requirements on the programme by bringing knowledge of current business operations and taking responsibility for helping define how the business will operate in the future, enabled by the new technologies implemented by the programme.
The Business Analyst will work with a number of specialist teams across the programme ensuring that the Business is represented in Functional Design, Development, Security, Data Migration, Change Management & Training.
The role will be responsible for ensuring that business and solution designs are tested and delivered in line with what has been agreed through the design phase. This individual will play a critical role in ensuring that the business understands what has been designed, how it will be implemented and helps ensure that it is ready to receive the new solutions and processes once they are ready for deployment.
Functional Area of Responsibility
This Business Analyst role will be aligned to the Warehouse and Transport Management functional areas which include
- Good receiving and put-away
- Order pick & pack•Cycle Counting & inventory Control
- Freight Management & Order Tracking
- Freight Billing
- Warehouse & Transport Reporting & Analytics
- Provide insight into how the business operates today and ensure that the requirements of the divisions / common functions are known and considered in the design process•
- Support the Functional Consultants in the preparation and running of process, solution and user experience design workshops taking accountability for closing out business requirement related actions and decisions.
- Work with business owners / process owners to ensure the designs being produced are in line with business expectations and meet their requirements
- Support the documentation of design artefacts and take overall ownership of the future business process model designs.
- Review draft solution design material produced by the technical members of the relevant functional team
- Support the data migration team in scoping the legacy data, data mapping, cleansing, testing and validation activities
- Support the design, testing and implementation of role based security profiles and segregation of duties controls
- Contribute to the production of the necessary test scripts required to test the newly designed systems and processes
- Execute system testing throughout the implementation phases, working with the development teams to resolve defects
- Support the preparation, execution and sign off of User Acceptance Testing with the nominated business users
- Support the production of end user training material and delivery of end user training as required• Support the Change Management team in assessing business change impacts and engaging with the business teams to drive adoption
- Work with the post go-live support team to help support the business with the introduction of the new solution and processes, acting as a point of contact for business queries and issues that can be resolved without the need for system changes, i.e. training issue, data entry issue, etc
You are a highly motivated, team player with superb interpersonal skills and a passion for excellence. You have a positive outlook, a can-do attitude and thrive on working in a multi-cultural team environment. You have previous system implementation/process change experience. Previous SAP R/3 or S/4HANA experience is desirable. You have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and have working knowledge with an ERP system (System 21/Aurora are the current systems we use). You are delivery focused, with good planning and organisation skills. You are educated to degree level or equivalent.
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: The Business Process Manager
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact Vanessa.Scott@Sandvik.com.
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilize, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 17th September
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Please click on Sandvik Home for more information about our company.
Deadline: Not set