Business Operations Manager - Juneau, AK
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Juneau, Alaska
- Job-ID: R0024211
- Job category: Business Development
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Juneau, AK
Business Operations Manager - Juneau
Are you a driven self-starter with a continuous desire to learn and grow? You know the ins and outs of underground mining and you know your market. Have both a Sales and Processes oriented focus with the technical insight and the ability to perceive what your customer need, you are a confident and enthusiastic salesperson, and take a consultative approach to develop and implement customer solutions. You are a team player, live and promote a culture of safety, and you thrive under pressure. Come explore the great Business Operations Manager - Juneau opportunity with Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
On this position you will represent Sandvik in our major account in Juneau, AK and will be our responsible person to develop and implement our branch operations in Juneau. You will be responsible to develop our after-market business and mainly, improve the customer satisfaction. This role is both an operations manager role for the Juneau branch leading the Workshop, Technical, and Parts Distributions teams, as well as sales focused, charged with increasing both top line revenues and maximizing share of business captured. Utilizing the whole Parts & Services organization you will be responsible to help ensure the customer support of the expanding equipment fleet of new equipment and growth of our after-market business.
The Business Operations Manager - Juneau will:
- Be responsible for leading the organization and implementation of the new Juneau branch operation
- Manage the Service and Parts teams
- Manage and develop best practices in the Workshop for component and machines rebuilds
- Manage and develop best practices for the Warehouse Management.
- Act as the Parts & Services point of contact for the major customer, coordinating all activities and leading actions to meet customer expectations and enhance customer satisfaction
- Create and implement a sale and support strategy for the customer
- Proactively work with the Account Manager to schedule and ensure a spotless operational readiness for the Sandvik fleet arriving in the customer
- Work closely with the Account Manager and Customer Service Representatives to provide supply contracts, recommend spare parts, rebuild proposals, etc. to our business network and identify areas of opportunity
- Provide regular sales and revenue forecast
- Manage business portal and business warranty monthly to ensure all purchased inventory is moved to prospective direct business.
Mandatory a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, technical or business field or equivalent experience, along with 5 years’ industry related experience. Familiarity with underground mining equipment is highly desirable. You have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, along with a high level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity. You are resilient, love challenges, and thrive under pressure, with a strong sense of self-motivation and a passion to win.
The Business Operations Manager should also possess:
- Highly developed project management skills
- Excellent Financial acumen
- Ability to effectively interact with senior management with Sandvik and Customer
- Strong customer service focus
- A high level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work cross functionally with other internal teams
- Ability to assess and manage business risk and profitability
- A wide network of contacts within the industry
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Business Operations Manager - Juneau position Job Req. ID# R0024211.
This position will report to the Business Line Manager – Parts & Services USA.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set