- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Westminster, South Carolina
- Job-ID: R0020402
- Job category: Business Development
Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
Key performance areas
The Change Leader position will coordinate and lead the site Continuous Improvement (CI) activities and report out Key Process Indicators (KPIs), a Lean Expert who will drive SMS production system improvements in the Production Unit (PU), while also contributing to the PU’s other strategic projects.
Additionally, the Change Leader will:
- Facilitate identified process improvements, including but not limited to advanced data gathering and analysis, problem solving and project management
- Influence and promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Monitor the progress of planned improvement activities to assure timely action, appropriate management support and achievement of expected benefits
- Maintain a macroscopic view of business, and be aware of the organization wide implications of changes at any level
- Coordinate between departments and functions to ensure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction
- Serve in a project manager capacity for improvement projects within the site; the candidate will work with management to establish cross-functional teams, communicate status of ongoing projects, drive projects to an on-time completion and follow-up after completion to ensure sustainability.
- Develop business presentations and report on projected, ongoing and completed projects and activities
- Drive implementation and improvement activities associated with SMS Production System and Digital Initiatives
- Identify improvement opportunities with an aim of minimizing waste and maximizing utilization of talent, technology and assets
- Create and execute appropriate evaluation tools to analyze production efficiencies and throughput
- Use appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately document improvement activities
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner
- Ensure Compliance with the Quality, Safety and Environmental systems based on ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Provide training as needed
- Perform other activities as assigned by manager
Ability to apply lean tools and principles to support continuous improvements. Solid track record of successful implementation of Lean Principles.
Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, engineers, operators and customers.
Project Management Skills
Possesses team leadership, problem solving and analysis, technical writing and documentation skills; actively consults with PU management and stakeholders providing expertise in prioritizing and pacing project activities and milestones to achieve organizational objectives within the budgeted costs and allowed timeframe.
A background in technology, information management, relational database design and development, data mining and statistics is preferred. Drive digital transformation in the production unit.
Minimum of 2 years of metal cutting or related industry experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience with project management is a plus.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, change management or business administration.
Must be a legal resident of United States
Global travel may be required
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Change Leader position, Job Requisition ID# R0020402.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set