IT and software development
IT Security Lead (f/m/d) – location flexible within Europe
IT Security Lead (f/m/d) – location flexible within Europe
Walter Tools is one of the world’s leading metal working companies, bursting with empowered people and industry leading solutions in metal cutting. To continue to enable both our Walter GoGlobal2025 and Group Digital Shift strategies we are scaling up our Digital Transformation & IT organization. Within our mission to provide digital solutions which create value for our customers and enhance our brand promise “Engineering Kompetenz”, we’re currently reinforcing our IT security management to continuously enhance the protection of our business operations, data and digital products.
We are now looking for a new team member responsible for the execution on our information security program to ensure that information assets and associated technology, applications, systems, infrastructure and processes are adequately protected in the digital ecosystem in which we operate.
We offer you an exciting digital arena, where customer focus, new challenges, innovation, collaboration and a diverse setup are part of our culture.
Translate the IT-risk requirements and constraints of the business into technical control requirements and specifications, as well as develop metrics for ongoing performance measurement and reporting. Coordinate of the IT organization's technical activities to implement and manage security infrastructure, and to provide regular status and service-level reports to management. Lead a variety of activities, including very tactical, operational and strategic activities in support of our IT security program such as strategic support, security liaison, architecture/engineering support and operational support
Included in your responsibility is:
- Lead the execution of our Digital Security Improvement Program (DSIP) and supporting security projects that address identified risks and business security requirements.
- Work with your function manager and business area level CISO to align on goals, plan and Walter divisional-specific risks and requirements support.
- Manage the process of gathering, analyzing and assessing the current and future threat landscape, as well as providing with a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment.
- Monitor and report on compliance with security policies, as well as the enforcement of policies.
- Manage a team of information security professionals.
- Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security audit outcomes.
- Provide security communication, awareness and training for audiences, which may range from senior leaders to field staff.
- Work as a liaison with vendors and the legal and purchasing departments to establish mutually acceptable contracts and service-level agreements.
- Manage production issues, incidents and participate in problem and change management forums.
- Serve as an active and consistent participant in the business area/group information security governance process.
- Work with stakeholders to define Walter divisional specific metrics and reporting strategies that effectively communicate successes and progress of the security program divisional specifics.
- Provide support and guidance for legal and regulatory compliance efforts, including audit support.
- Work with the enterprise architecture team to ensure that there is a convergence of business, technical and security requirements
- Manage and coordinate operational components of incident management, including detection, response and reporting.
- Assist and guide the disaster recovery planning team in the selection of recovery strategies and the development, testing and maintenance of disaster recovery plans.
In this role you will report to the Manager of IT Infrastructure, Security, Compliance & Automation. You will be part of a team of 15+ employees and contractors. You will work in a global and hybrid organizational structure - decoupled but connected - having wide collaboration across Walter, Group IT, the Sandvik Machining Solutions (SMS) business area and its divisions’ IT teams.
You are characterized by the ability to interact within all levels of the organization, build strong relationships, understand business imperatives and work with minimal supervision. You bring in-depth knowledge and understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in information security, computer science, business and computer science or comparable practical business experience
- 7+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years in an information security role
- Experience with security frameworks deployment (e.g. NIST, ISO 27001, TISAX)
- Experience with managing IT+OT/IIOT secured operations
- Certification in any of CISM, CISSP, CASP, SSCP is a plus
- Experience working with legal, audit and compliance staff.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with business managers, IT engineering and IT operations staff.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies.
- Strong project management skills and experience in creating and managing project plans, including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Fluent in English
Read more about Walter and apply at http://www.walter-tools.com/, Job ID: R0052334.
As we aim for a fair recruitment process, we utilize assessment tools to safeguard objectivity. When you apply for this job, you will therefore receive an invitation via email to a personality and logic ability test. Feedback comes immediately after the test has been completed and the selection process begins after the application deadline.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Praskovia Sheremeteva, Talent and Acquisition Expert, at email@example.com