Site HR Manager
Is currently seeking a
Site HR Manager
The Load & Haul division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is an industry leading global provider of loaders and trucks for the underground mining industry. We focus on technology development and future innovative solutions to provide sustainable operations for our customers.
Load & Haul Division's Camarillo Site is the innovation center for Battery Electric Vehicles.
The purpose of this position is to provide overall responsibility and leadership for Human Resources at our Camarillo site and act as a member of the site management team.
Key Performance Areas
- Create and implement site HR policies, procedures, and ways of working in compliance with local legislation and company practices.
- Actively participate in site management work, decision-making, and communication.
- Drive core HR policies and processes such as Performance Management, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Employee Engagement, and Compensation and Benefits.
- Support the business with workforce planning and with attracting, recruiting, and retaining talent in the organization.
- Ensure compliance with global and national HR policies as well as federal and state legislation in collaboration with the HR Services team.
- Manage employee life-cycle activities on site in collaboration with the HR Services team.
- Support and coach managers with leadership, employee relations, and employment topics.
- Lead and develop a team of HR professionals.
- Act as a change agent within the area of responsibility. Support managers in driving change by offering expertise and tools.
- Develop and implement measures and activities needed to develop the culture of a high performing organization.
- Set and implement HR related KPI’s on site, report and follow up on progress.
- You will also be responsible for leading of administrative services at our site.
The successful candidate will have a suitable educational background (e.g. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent), a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the HR field in an international business environment -- preferably including experience working at a production site. Knowledge of US federal and state of California labor legislation is important to succeed in the role. We also value experience in leading and developing teams.
Key competencies to succeed in the role include:
- Strong communication, influencing, and networking skills.
- A proactive and business-oriented way of working with a hands-on approach.
- A Strong sense of integrity and understanding of the high demands on HR working as part of a global corporation.
- Solid analytical, reporting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines and changing priorities in an international environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally both nationally and internationally will be required to be successful in the role.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, parental leave, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary Range: $130,000-$190,000