Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Are you interested in working as a Senior Accountant in a Production environment?
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
Develop the ways of working in the general accounting area. Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules. Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles. Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects. If required, provides financial support, including forecasting, budgeting and analyzing variations from budget. If required, analyzes and prepares statutory accounts, financial statements and reports
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the methods by which production accounting is performed
- Strong grip on the financials within the LEAN ERP system – stock, production orders, finished goods, invoicing out of LEAN (machines and parts) – the P&L and balance sheet coming out of the LEAN system
- Responsible for analyzing the production result (everything that has the LEAN ERP as a source), as well as the interphase to Aurora (ERP for Finance), both the P&L and the balance sheet – responsible for the consistency and integrity of these numbers
- Supporting the main functions in Supply Chain (Production, Sourcing, Logistics) in terms of the financial performance
- Responsible for tracking the consolidated result for each machine sold – from the production site through the sales areas to the external customers
- Responsible for the Sandvik Group stock reporting
- Support the financial close process (supporting the Finance Manager) approx. 3-5 days / month within the financial accounting area
You will possess a BA/BS degree in Finance/Accounting Degree with 2+ years’ experience.
The Sr. Accountant should also possess:
- Proven working experience utilizing various applications with Office 365
- Familiarity with ERP and CRM systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- IT savvy and process-oriented way of thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional business acumen
- Production experience is a plus
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.