Engineering Manager - Fluid Power Technology
Are you an experienced engineering leader who wants to be part of our electrification journey? If the answer is yes, keep reading, as this may be just the right position for you. This is your opportunity to join Sandvik’s smart minds, all working together to build a more sustainable future.
This position is in Sandvik’s Turku site which is the main product development and manufacturing center for our Load and Haul equipment.
About the team
- As an Engineering Manager you lead team of 7 hydraulic and cooling experts
- Fluid Power team is working as technology team for underground loaders and trucks
- Development focus areas are hydraulics systems and cooling design for hydraulic systems and electric components
- Team participates to develop and support machine technologies of machines through the machine lifetime
Your primary areas of responsibility. Do we share the same mission?
- Managing the technology development activities in the areas of hydraulics and cooling engineering for module(s) in machine and subsystems projects
- Coaching and developing the team through excellent leadership skills
- Budgeting and capacity planning with resourcing for projects and activities
- Engineering tools and way of working development as well up-keeping the technology roadmap
- Ensuring health and safety through promotion of safe work practices, training and compliance to safety policies
- You are one of the key enablers of exceeding the customer expectations for current and future Load and Haul product offering
- Position includes some project related travel (usually planned well in advance)
Your background and what we find important
- You have gained knowledge and practical experience in mobile equipment hydraulics and cooling design, covering functional descriptions, calculations, dimensioning, simulations, component selections, documentation/specifications, testing and verification
- You have a proven record of leading an engineering or a project team with good results
- We’re looking for someone with a bachelor’s or master’s in engineering
- Your personality really matters to us - you collaborate with many different people in our organization, which calls for great communication skills, excellent teamwork and the will to share knowledge
- Fluent communication skills both in Finnish and English
- Proactive and systematic way of working and excellent skills in problem-solving will be needed
Our role is clear – through every action, every day, we make the shift and advance the world through engineering. We believe in an inclusive, equal, and open-minded culture, and we nurture our diversities to form a solid foundation for achieving great results. Add fair and rewarding benefits, as well as many different career options.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Sami Haikio, Head of R&D, Drive & Motion Technology, tel. +358 400 539 234.
For further information regarding the recruitment process please contact:
Sandvik’s HR Services, Finland, tel. +358 800 1 44444 (weekdays at 9-11 and 13-15).
Want to join our Fluid Power Technology team?
Submit your application and CV with your salary expectation by Sunday December 10th, 2023. When applying in our system, please make sure to also attach your cover letter when asked to upload your resume. Read about Sandvik and apply at home.sandvik/careers.
Job ID: R0061535.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service, digital solutions and sustainability-driving technologies for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying. In 2022, sales were approximately 57 billion SEK with about 16,200 employees.