Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Alachua FL is seeking a Product Engineer to join the team!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a world-leading mining equipment manufacturer committed to offer highly optimized solutions designed to increase our customers’ productivity and profitability – while ensuring reliability, efficiency, and safety, via high technology.
At Sandvik, we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business, and our customers.
The Product Engineer will develop and apply engineering standards and procedures and provides advice on issues within the engineering field. Plan and implement the design, manufacture, installation and/or maintenance of electrical systems and apparatus for our rotary drills. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Act as the technical lead for the assigned product line(s).
- Reviews product development requirements for compatibility with methods to determine cost and schedules.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability and safety.
- Integrates equipment and material capabilities to meet module target specifications and technology target specifications.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product and responsible for handing over method/process and equipment to production.
- Facilitates product improvements and quality issues and implement fixes for them by following the continuous product improvement (CPI) process.
- Implement common solutions across product models by working closely with component/system leads or other Product Engineers.
- Visit mine sites to understand the application and engage in customer feedback.
Your Skills & Qualifications
- Mechanical Engineering degree required along with 5+ years hands-on mechanical engineering experience.
- Experience with machine steel fabrications, manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of mobile equipment, preferably in drilling equipment.
- CAD package Proficiency (UG/NX and/or MEDUSA preferred)
- Teamwork and the ability to clearly communication with people from a multitude of backgrounds
- Ability to write field test reports and machine performance reports.
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Product Engineer position, Job Req. # R0059863.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.