Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik we are dedicated, diligent and we believe in our company and its values. Our belief is that knowledge grown when it is shared and when we work together with our customers, both parties have more chances to achieve success.
A Sandvik Process Engineer in manufacturing is responsible to improve the quality level of our delivered inserts, coordinate machinery investments for production areas, implement new production technologies on our plant and support the achievements of key performance indicators of Inserts Production Plant. As a Process Engineer supporting pressing in the blanks department, your responsibilities can include developing and modifying pressing parameters, as well as methods and controls to meet quality standards. You will analyze existing production processes and develop recommendations for changes to working methods or operational procedures that will minimize risks, costs, and waste; improve quality and productivity; and contribute to the highest of safety cultures.
Responsibilities also include recommending and implementing improvements, modifications, or additions to present processes; reviewing requirements for compatibility with process methods to determine costs and schedules; and collecting and analyzing process data to initiate, develop and implement process improvements. This includes contribution within Sustainability and Digital Transformation 4.0 – investigating and determining how new technologies can support engineering and production processes and leading the implementation.
This role will collaborate with the internal Westminster team and external Global Insert Production and R&D teams. A Process Engineer will work in hand with upstream and downstream operations, including the local process engineering team, for feedback and strategic improvements.
By collaborating with suppliers, an engineer will help guarantee quality and availability of raw materials. He/she will be proficient in production and lab processes by spending time on the shop floor, and thus will directly support operators towards 5S, Continuous Improvement, Safety, and other process improvements and technical training. The engineer will participate as a contributing member, leader, and role model of safety, continuous improvement, green initiatives, and other teams; as well as working on various capital projects for sustainability and strategic improvements and developments within the Inserts Plant, or support to the WM site.
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage and run investment projects to maintain our high production technology level and to develop new products in cooperation with R&D and other Insert’s production units.
- Daily support and solve problems with production teams in terms of equipment, engineering, product, and quality.
- Drive improvements join relevant projects to improve insert quality level and raise our productivity.
- Coordinate closure of customer Corrective Action Requests by conducting Root Cause Analysis and implementing countermeasures to prevent failure recurrence.
- Interact with other production units around the world, production technology centers and have contact with local and international suppliers, including some business travel.
- Support the achievement of the agreed plant operational and individual contribution targets.
- Support development with work instructions and taking a lead role in team technical training.
- Communicate and collaborate within the process engineering team, the production departments.
- Ensure that the processes are in line with the directive standards and in compliance with environmental and safety regulations (government and Sandvik).
- Ensure compliance of the quality, safety, and environmental systems based on current ISO standards certified by the site.
- Demonstrate and encourage the values of safety, 5S, cleanliness, and order in all areas.
- Maintain the status of the machinery and equipment to ensure quality of products, working with vendors and Maintenance on PM’s, improvements, and TPM efforts.
- Reduce production costs through alternative sourcing, developing maintenance and work methods that improve process reliability, and other projects.
- Support and encourage a highly motivated production team through your involvement, leadership, and role modeling.
- Perform any other functions that may be necessary to the welfare and advancement of the Insert Plant, as identified and/or assigned by management.
The Process Engineer is an organized self-starter and quick learner who possess an innovative spirit, strong teamwork skills and willing to manage several projects at the same time.
He/she should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in a related field. Hands-on process engineering experience is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and drawing software.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Systematic & logical approach to problem solving, ability to work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Accurate, consistent, organized, and thorough in work assignments.
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing techniques and continuous improvement principles preferred.
- Positive attitude & ready to take up challenges.
- Flexibility to support various roles and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Strong support of a safety culture.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit Sandvik Careers and apply to the Process Engineer position, Job Requisition ID# R0058562.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.