Production Technology Director
Production Technology Director (flexible position within Europe and Brazil)
At Dormer Pramet our purpose is to build on the company’s heritage and success to innovate our way into the future. By keeping a long-term focus on everything we do, we can support our ambitions to grow manufacturing and prosperity for all. This brings jobs, with opportunities for both growth and security. It is what we care for, and what makes us go that extra mile!
We share our deep knowledge and experience to build great relationships, not just with industry partners, but with employees and the community. We focus on improving the environment we work in and believe that everyone should feel empowered to deliver success. In return, we promise a rewarding career with flexible working options, excellent training and opportunities for progression.
We are now looking for - Production Technology Director, a flexible position within Europe and Brazil. Are you eager to support our growth ambitions and would like to play a key role in our company? We welcome your application!
Production Technology Director is responsible to Initiate, design, and direct Technologies programs that will improve the organization’s current products, production capabilities, processes, methods, and other operations.
Support benchmarking between all Sandvik Machining Solutions divisions and implementation of new technologies, ensuring the technological update of Dormer Pramet plants aligned with the strategy and Supporting business cases of M&A projects
To achieve this, important key responsibilities are:
- Actively take part in global SMS technical forums, representing Dormer Pramet, in technological discussions.
- Contribute to strategic planning and decision-making of new business plans with technical expertise in operations and in the organization, so that Production Units are aligned with the long-term vision, mission, and objectives of the organization.
- Implement manufacturing and measuring technologies and solutions on the shop floor, in a timely and consistent manner aligned to our Strategy and Vision.
- Provide support to new material development processes.
- Provide technical support in the process of new suppliers’ evaluation
- Support benchmarking between the different production units, aiming for common gain across the units.
- Oversee project budgets and monitor the cost and effectiveness of activities to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and maintain high standards.
- Manage and coordinate the engineering team to ensure that the new products lines are produced and meet the established schedule of the Product Management team.
- Carry out feasibility analyzes to produce new tools along with planning area in order to ensure the ability to meet the demand of the new tools.
- Establish management strategies for continuous improvement in products and processes, as well as to increase productivity, reduce costs and risks.
- Evaluate new technologies and advise the organization on appropriate investments in order to improve processes and specific necessities of our organization.
To be successful in this role, you need to have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or related areas and 4 to 6 years of experience with Solid Round Tools. Knowledge of manufacturing and application of solid round tools as well as knowledge of materials, technical drawing, grinding processes, heat treatment and surface finishing processes are essential. Knowledge of grinding wheels, machining tools, metallography applied to high-speed steels is beneficial. Experience in manufacturing of Solid Round Tools and Lean Manufacturing would be a plus.
You are able to multi-task and meet deadlines and we believe you are at ease working in a global organization (which
requires fluent English) with stakeholders from diverse functional as well as geographical and cultural areas. You are comfortable in a matrix setup, where colleagues often have dotted lines, but work well together and pull in the same direction. Being a team player is also an important skill in succeeding in this role.
Dormer Pramet is a global manufacturer and supplier of tools for the metal cutting industry, and we have a truly international presence with four production units and sales offices in 20 countries. Our skills and products solve engineering challenges across many industry sectors – including maintenance, repair and overhaul, as well as general machining through to heavy machining, railway and airframe assembly.
Customer Focus, Innovation, Fair Play and Passion to Win are our values that build the foundation of our brand and company, and we actively work to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
Read more about Dormer Pramet and apply at http://www.dormerpramet.com/en-gb/company/job-opportunities, Job ID: R0052204.
As we aim for a fair recruitment process, we utilize assessment tools to safeguard objectivity. When you apply for this job, you will therefore receive an invitation via email to a personality and logic ability test. Feedback comes immediately after the test has been completed and the selection process begins after the application deadline.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Praskovia Sheremeteva, Talent and Acquisition Expert, at email@example.com