Sr Electrical Engineer
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Alachua FL is seeking a Sr Electrical Engineer to join the team!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a world-leading mining equipment manufacturer committed to offer highly optimized solutions designed to increase our customers’ productivity and profitability – while ensuring reliability, efficiency, and safety, via high technology.
At Sandvik, we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business, and our customers.
The Sr Electrical Engineer will develop and apply engineering standards and procedures and provides advice on issues within the engineering field. Plan and implement the design, manufacture, installation and/or maintenance of electrical systems and apparatus for our rotary drills. This position reports to the Electrical Engineering Supervisor.
- Performs fabrication, installation, operation, application, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and apparatus, such as electric motors, machinery controls, lighting, wiring and power systems/devices, of mechanical or electromechanical machines, equipment, tools, engines, and systems.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements, researching, and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Evaluations of field installations and recommendations of design modifications to eliminate malfunctions.
- Designs and scales up manufacturing processes, instruments and equipment and tests manufactured products to maintain quality.
- Plans, designs, and estimates time and cost and oversees construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, systems, and components. Develops solutions and processes within the engineering field.
Your Skills & Qualifications
- Engineering degree required along with 5+ years hands-on electrical engineering experience
- Knowledge and experience with design modifications, troubleshooting, electrical analysis of the system, electrical engineering calculations, FMEA, root cause analysis,
- Knowledge of manufacturing of electrical components, commission of electrical mobile equipment and field support a plus
- Analog and Digital circuit design and analysis
- Off highway traffic (OHT), mobile mining equipment and HVDC electrical machines experience preferred
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Sr Electrical Engineerposition, Job Req. # R0044612.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.