SAP Transport Management Solution Lead
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE DIGITAL FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
We embarked a seven year global Business Transformation program enabled by SAP S/4HANA in January 2021. This is a greenfield implementation for Sandvik, a large Swedish multinational group. Ireland was chosen as the central hub location for this business digitalisation initiative which we call the “Seamless Flow Program”. A second phase of the Program is now starting, with ambition to extend the template to our Sales Units
We are looking for exceptional people to join our diverse and multi-cultural team. This is a fantastic opportunity to create the digital future for our organisation using the very latest SAP technologies, creating sustainable business benefits and supporting the execution of Divisional strategies.
As we are creating a new internal SAP competency, this presents a great opportunity for learning and career development in this full-time position.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering Group with a strong commitment to enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 44,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Adopt a proactive approach to building a sustainable Sandvik Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) culture within the workplace
- Conduct yourself in accordance with Sandvik EHS Vision to achieve Zero Harm to our people, the environment we work in, our customers and our suppliers
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and ensure that your actions do not adversely affect the environment or the health and safety of any other person in the workplace.
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik Environment, Health and Safety Policy, and any reasonable instructions, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe work practices in the workplace and to eliminate environmental harm.
- Identify and report any unsafe work behaviors/ practices, hazards and incidents immediately.
- This role manages changes that are required in the SAP Transportation Management functional area through solution of design, documentation of change, testing and co-ordinating of change through landscape, through to the deployment and end user training.
- In this role you will lead and support deployments and help to design, build, test and deploy the Seamless Flow solution for SAP Transportation Management by working closely with cross stream team members, business members and applicable consulting partners.
- The Solution Lead role requires a deep expertise in SAP Transportation Management solution and other TMS connected systems. The Solution Lead must demonstrate the ability to interpret business challenges across multiple programs and recommend the best solution and practices to improve the end-to-end transport solution and business processes.
- Perform the role of subject matter expert in Transportation Management.
- Lead the implementation of SAP Transportation Management solution, which may involve configuring the software, integrating it with other systems, and ensuring it aligns with business processes.
- Coordination of the Application Management Support process, including service requests, incident reviews and minor enhancements.
- Project managing any Transportation Management changes across multiple programmes, and manage specific go lives dates for Transportation Management to ensure deadlines are met.
- Peer reviewing change requests relating to the Transportation Management space prior to moving forward to Business Area Design Authority approval.
- Managing the testing and validating of the Transportation Management solution within the functional teams and clients and ensuring everything is documented correctly.
- Coordination, management & approval of transport releases through the test landscape.
- Generation of status reporting for your area as appropriate – weekly programme meetings and programme reporting.
- Prepare functional specifications for RICEFWs (Reports, interfaces, conversions, extensions, forms and workflows) and peer review as appropriate.
- Actively own, promote and improve the Seamless Flow technical solution and associated processes for your area.
- Managing workshops with end users and conducting fit gap analysis and design confirmation within Transportation Management to the global template.
- Ensure documentation is maintained and validated for Transportation Management
- Validate training material developed by the training team.
- Managing diverse teams and ensuring the principles and professionalism of the team is of high standard.
- Provide input into resource planning for the Transportation Management
- Analysing proposed changes to business practices and advising senior management if any compliance implications.
- Track, analyse and trend the overall performance of the Transportation Management system. Reviewing issues and completing root cause analysis to reduce issues reoccurring
- 7+ years Transportation Management Solution experience, in both SAP TM and other TMS Solutions
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management processes and best practices
- Expertise in the configuration and implementation of the Transportation Management global template
- Expertise in the integration of Transportation Management System
- S4/HANA knowledge
- ABAP development and debugging knowledge is a plus
- Experience of agile delivery methodology for implementation
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively interact at all levels within client company
- Ability to act as a team leader
EDUCATION, LICENCES & CERTIFICATES
Educated to degree level
Certification in SAP Transportation Management
Ability to travel globally as required
What we offer:
22 days annual leave
4 Company Days
Defined Contribution Pension
VHI Health Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: 4th Floor, Dockline, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1, D01 K8N7, Ireland.
Reporting to: Business Process Manager Warehouse, Transport & Trade Compliance
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunnelling and quarrying. In 2021, sales were approximately 41 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees within continuing operations.
A glimpse of our culture
At Sandvik, we’re tech driven, innovative and entrepreneurial! For us, success is a team effort - we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where people can be themselves and reach their full potential. So, we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our differences. We also give you the freedom to find that perfect mix between work, family life and interests. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly at https://www.home.sandvik/career
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilise, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 12th February 2024.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.