We champion people
We aspire to the highest standards for people and will continue to raise these standards in line with our goal of zero harm.
- We are rolling out health and well-being programs to all employees.
- In 2020, we put extra focus on the psychological health of employees as remote work increased due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- At Sandvik Coromant, all managers have been offered safety training and we have become more proactive in investigating hazards.
More examples of how we make progress
- At the Svedala site, a robot will replace 80 percent of the manual work involved in grinding, reducing the risk of back problems, joint and muscle pain and “white finger syndrome”.
- The Tampere site in Finland have invested in a so-called exoskeleton. It allows for limb movements with increased strength and endurance and aims to provide back support.
Reduction of TRIFR
We need to reduce our Total Recordable Injury Frequency Rate (TRIFR) to 2.3 by 2030 to achieve a 50 percent reduction. The graph shows the reduction of TRIFR for 2016–2020.
In 2020, 133 injuries were recorded and the TRIFR was reduced to 3.2, the lowest outcomes ever for Sandvik. Regrettably, two fatalities were reported, the first since 2015.
The dotted line is an indication of how well we are in line with the 2030 targets, meaning we exceeded the 2020 requirements to achieve the target. The target is adjusted for structural changes.