Sandvik India Gender Awards
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 we are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back later for information about the next Sandvik India Gender Awards.
The Sandvik India Gender Awards were created to support gender initiatives and recognize excellence and commitment to gender equality, diversity and inclusion in areas such as education and social change. The award consists of a trophy and financial support.
The awards seek to identify individuals or representatives of organizations committed to supporting gender equality and contributing to Sustainable Development Goal 5.
The Sandvik India Gender Awards are divided into eight categories. The jury will select one individual per category to be awarded for his or her contributions to gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
Read about the categories for the awards
The projects selected must take place in India and are selected on the basis of:
- Fostering and promoting an inclusive approach in the communities
- Challenging and overcoming conscious and subconscious bias
- Developing a gender-balanced leadership in the workplace
- Helping women achieve their ambitions personally and professionally
The Sandvik India Gender Awards focus on the following areas:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition
- Promoting preventive health care and access to medical facilities for women and girls
- Ensuring universal access to sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Increasing diversity in the workplace through women-friendly policies, practices and infrastructure
- Programs to groom women for leadership positions as well capacity building and skill enhancement
- Contributing to the development of women entrepreneurs and women-owned enterprise development through business skills, financial and digital literacy
- Promoting education including special education
- Enhancing vocation skills and livelihood enhancement projects for women and girls
- Promoting and supporting women and girls to participate in rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic sports and Olympic sports
Arts and culture
- Supporting women in the preservation of national heritage, art and culture, including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art
- Setting up public libraries
- Promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women and girls
- Setting up homes and hostels for women and girls
- Reducing inequalities and discrimination faced by women and girls from socially and economically disadvantaged groups
- Promoting measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans (female) and war widows
- Creating awareness and provide services to support and foster better hygiene for women and girls
- Making safe drinking water and sanitation facilities available to women and girls