We play fair
We will constantly aim higher in ethics and transparency, being a leader in playing fair and being open.
- In 2020, we launched a global training program in diversity and inclusion in which about 20,000 employees participated.
- Sandvik supports numerous community programs related to education, innovation and health and encourages all of its employees to participate. Read more about our community involvement
- We continue to roll out our compliance tool, the Compliance House.
More examples on how we make progress
- About 8,500 employees have participated in compliance training and 3,500 employees have received training in competition law.
- In 2020, Sandvik in Norway sent obsolete PCs to Uganda to be used by students.
- In Brazil, we have introduced an employee parenting program, including prenatal care and the option of flexible working hours.
Women in managerial positions
Our target is to increase the share of women in managerial positions to one third by 2030. The graph shows the increase in women in managerial positions for 2016–2020.
In 2020, the share of female managers increased to a new top level, 18.5 percent. The dotted line is an indication of how well we are in line with the 2030 targets, meaning we are below the requirements to achieve the target. We have a plan in place to accelerate the increase of female managers in the years to come, which is necessary to achieve the 2030 goal.