Responsible consumption and production
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
Examples of Sandvik's contribution to UN global goal 12
- Sandvik steel is derived from 84 percent recycled material.
- We buy back used cemented-carbide tools from our customers and convert them back into basic raw materials in an extensive recycling program. This reduces energy consumption, lowers carbon emissions and produces less waste. Read more about the recycling of tools
- We work actively with the recycling of the mineral dolomite. Full recycling would decrease the demand for virgin dolomite with 3,000 tons per year.
- Our Plug and Play Grinding Container increases bit life, decreases expenses of bits, reduces emissions and environmental and human cobalt exposure.
- We have a number of initiatives that aim to turn waste into raw materials to be used in other processes.
Learn about how we contribute to other UN Global Goals
- SDG 3: Good health and well-being
- SDG 5: Gender equality
- SDG 7: Affordable and clean energy
- SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth
- SDG 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- SGD 13: Climate action