Industry, innovation and infrastructure
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
Examples of Sandvik's contribution to UN global goal 9
- PrimeTurning™ is a methodology that enables turning in all directions. It allows customers to double the speed and feed rates, providing faster metal removal, which means more parts per run. The productivity increase is substantial, >50 percent, compared to conventional turning. Read more on sandvik.coromant.com
- Sandvik Hiflex® precision strip steel is designed for the manufacture of compressor valves for next-generation compressors and contributes to enhancing compressor efficiency, promoting long service life and reducing noise. Read more on materials.sandvik
- Sentusys™, an intelligent system for online monitoring of tubes, improves safety and process control. Read more on materials.sandvik
- Our production plant in Gimo, Sweden converted from heating oil to district heat produced from biofuel. The new district heating solution is expected to reduce the plant’s greenhouse gas emissions by 1,850 tons on a yearly basis.
Learn about how we contribute to other UN Global Goals
- SDG 3: Good health and well-being
- SDG 5: Gender equality
- SDG 7: Affordable and clean energy
- SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth
- SDG 12: Responsible consumption and production
- SGD 13: Climate action